Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Me too!
a really nice concert.
What a great artist he is.

S
S
Happy New Year everyone. Just read though some of these posts & I have to say that I've never heard of Susanne Sundfor. This will now happen soon. I also haven't heard the new albums from Tenek & Tame Impala but will do so soon also. Same goes for Little Boots & Chvrches though santa brought them for me , just haven't got round to listening to them yet.

1. Blind Faith - Black
2. Autumn In The Neighbourhood - China Crisis
3. Cast In Steel - A-Ha
4. Hand Cannot Erase - Steven Wilson
5. Stupid Things That Mean The World - Tim Bowness
6. Surrender - Hurts
7. Music Complete - New Order
8. We - The Christians
9. Paper Gods - Duran Duran
10. Rattle That Lock - David Gilmour

Just missing out are albums by Marc Almond , Blancmange , Simple Minds , Simply Red , John Foxx , Fjieri , J.M Jarre & Elo.
I could easily have done a top 20.

Last edited by Scott; 01/01/16 01:51 PM.
In alphabetical order, I spent 2015 listening to:

1. Chemical Brothers; Born in the Echoes
2. China Crisis; Autumn In The Neighbourhood
3. Codex; Ghost Harmonic
4. John Foxx; London Overgrown
5. Jane Weaver; Silver Globe
6. Lonelady; Hinterland
7. Little Boots; Working Girl
8. Jean Michel-Jarre; Electronica
9. New Order; Music: Complete
10. Stealing Sheep; Not Real

It was a year of major upheavals, so I never got around to hearing the new one from Hannah or Duran Duran. If I had to pick favourites then it’s Stealing Sheep – Not Real is the best, inventive, intelligent and creative pop I’ve heard in years.

S
S
At No 1. on my list was Blind Faith by Black. In case you don't know Colin aka Black was in a very serious car crash in Cork Ireland on 10th January. He has been in a induced coma ever since with severe head injuries. Recent reports don't look good as his injuries are worse than first feared.& His wife says it will need a miracle for him to get through this. New tests are being done today & we await news.

S
S
He passed away today. R.I.P mate My thoughts are with Camilla & the family.

Yes awful news re Colin.

My mate Brian went to school with Colin. In the same classes. Apparently he was a big Average White Band fan in his youth. I sent him a text last night to let him know. Very sad.

Must admit that I lost connection with Colin's music after the early 90s. I believe he got very disillusioned by all the pop star bullshit very quickly. It's the music that counted for Colin and he produced some excellent music.

Originally Posted By: Scott
He passed away today. R.I.P mate My thoughts are with Camilla & the family.

Oh sh*+..more bad news on the talented musician front. I'd heard about the crash but hoped the worse wouldn't happen. What a tragedy. Had his first LP and played it over and over.

S
S
You should go & check out his recent albums. Not a bad song to be found. A true gentleman. I always spoke to him either before or after his gigs but for some reason I didn't when I saw him last year in Airdrie. I'll miss him.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.