4 Bjork - Vulnicura
5 Duran Duran - Paper Gods
6 Jean Michel Jarre - Electronica
7 Hannah Peel - Rebox 2
8 Chvrches - Every Open Eye
9 Public Service Broadcasting -The Race for Space
10 Ghost Culture - Ghost Culture

Brian
Posted By: Ivan Basso Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 12/05/15 10:54 PM
Bri ,me Baggie mate I can only offer one nomination "Made in A.M " One Direction My daughter has it on in constant rotation and I can hear it booming out from her bedroom. Much to my chagrin, I haven't listened to any albums in 2015 including Den's London Overgrown
Posted By: Birdsong Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 12/06/15 08:21 PM

Addie wins mine. Leitmotiv is just beautiful

Leitmotiv - Addie
In A Moment - Ghost Box
Smoke Fairies - Smoke Fairies
BlueVelvet Revisited - Cult With No Name & Tuxedomoon
Nil By Mouth - Blancmange
Codex - Ghost Harmonic
London Overgrown - John Foxx
Public Service Broadcasting - The Race For Space
To Run The Easting Down - Amanda Feery & Michael Tanner
The Land Of Holy Joy - The Band Of Holy Joy
Posted By: Brian Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 12/06/15 08:37 PM
Damn it.How did I forget Codex shocked

I still have to get a the Ghost Box & Blue Velvet revisited.

Brian
Posted By: Birdsong Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 12/06/15 08:43 PM

I havent heard Bjork's latest, or Ghost Culture and (shamefully) still not Suzanne Sundfors

Your list contains some great choices though Brian.
Duran Duran's album surprised me, I must say
Posted By: Brian Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 12/06/15 09:12 PM
I've always been a Duran Duran fan.

The wife has played it a lot & broken down my defences.

The new album has had very mixed reviews.

If you can accept some of the updates to trendy modern sounds then you will get on better with this album.It is out & out pop.

Bjork's is also excellent album and an account of her heart wrenching relationship break up.

I travelled down to London to see Susan Sundfor in October.
Again something very different and excellent live.

If you took Abba mixed with a bit of classical and added some harder edged synth pop
you'd get Susanne Sundfor.

Brian
Posted By: MemberD Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 12/16/15 09:51 AM

I've been able to stretch it only to a Top 5 I'm afraid:

5. Tame Impala - Currents

4. Little Boots - Working Girl

3. China Crisis - Autumn in the Neighbourhood

2. New Order - Music Complete

3. J-M Jarre - Electronica Pt. 1

Best re-release
OMD - Junk Culture (2CD deluxe)

Best compilation album:
80s Re:Covered, Your Songs With The 80's Sound
Posted By: Birdsong Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 12/16/15 01:19 PM

Ooooh, Currents

Good call laugh
I might struggle to make five ... I feel like I have taken a year off.

Not the music's fault necessarily.

Three that really stood out:

1 Hatchback "Colors of the Sun" (although I learn tonight that this is a reissue apparently - one for the summer)
2 Marc Almond "The Velvet Trail" (especially the title track)
3 Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat "The Most Important Place in the World"

Several I have yet to experience more than twice so I will have to make them ineligible: namely China Crisis, Ghost Harmonic, A-Ha, Low and New Order. Most of them promising to be brilliant, and for New Order this is a real surprise.

Then there is "The Sum of the Sum of the Sum of the Sum of the Parts_ The Very Best of Brian Pern, Thotch and Beyond" which I have not heard yet except in snippets from the two BBC4 series so far (another starts in January - it's ace).

Another mention of "London Overgrown" is necessary - despite my quite vocal (which is ironic ...) early misgivings it does work very well as an album and deserves the attention it has received this year.

Can I give you the album of 2016? That's going to be Bowie, not that I have heard a note yet ...
Posted By: Birdsong Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 12/24/15 04:09 PM
The Velvet Trail!!

The Velvet Trail!!! And I saw him perform it live.
D'oh.
Posted By: Shadow Man Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 12/25/15 06:54 PM
Me too!
a really nice concert.
What a great artist he is.
Posted By: Scott Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 01/01/16 01:49 PM
Happy New Year everyone. Just read though some of these posts & I have to say that I've never heard of Susanne Sundfor. This will now happen soon. I also haven't heard the new albums from Tenek & Tame Impala but will do so soon also. Same goes for Little Boots & Chvrches though santa brought them for me , just haven't got round to listening to them yet.

1. Blind Faith - Black
2. Autumn In The Neighbourhood - China Crisis
3. Cast In Steel - A-Ha
4. Hand Cannot Erase - Steven Wilson
5. Stupid Things That Mean The World - Tim Bowness
6. Surrender - Hurts
7. Music Complete - New Order
8. We - The Christians
9. Paper Gods - Duran Duran
10. Rattle That Lock - David Gilmour

Just missing out are albums by Marc Almond , Blancmange , Simple Minds , Simply Red , John Foxx , Fjieri , J.M Jarre & Elo.
I could easily have done a top 20.
Posted By: RadioBeach Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 01/21/16 01:31 PM
In alphabetical order, I spent 2015 listening to:

1. Chemical Brothers; Born in the Echoes
2. China Crisis; Autumn In The Neighbourhood
3. Codex; Ghost Harmonic
4. John Foxx; London Overgrown
5. Jane Weaver; Silver Globe
6. Lonelady; Hinterland
7. Little Boots; Working Girl
8. Jean Michel-Jarre; Electronica
9. New Order; Music: Complete
10. Stealing Sheep; Not Real

It was a year of major upheavals, so I never got around to hearing the new one from Hannah or Duran Duran. If I had to pick favourites then it’s Stealing Sheep – Not Real is the best, inventive, intelligent and creative pop I’ve heard in years.
Posted By: Scott Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 01/22/16 04:31 PM
At No 1. on my list was Blind Faith by Black. In case you don't know Colin aka Black was in a very serious car crash in Cork Ireland on 10th January. He has been in a induced coma ever since with severe head injuries. Recent reports don't look good as his injuries are worse than first feared.& His wife says it will need a miracle for him to get through this. New tests are being done today & we await news.
Posted By: Scott Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 01/26/16 04:59 PM
He passed away today. R.I.P mate My thoughts are with Camilla & the family.
Posted By: Your Shadow Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 01/27/16 09:57 AM
Yes awful news re Colin.

My mate Brian went to school with Colin. In the same classes. Apparently he was a big Average White Band fan in his youth. I sent him a text last night to let him know. Very sad.

Must admit that I lost connection with Colin's music after the early 90s. I believe he got very disillusioned by all the pop star bullshit very quickly. It's the music that counted for Colin and he produced some excellent music.
Posted By: MemberD Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 01/27/16 10:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott
He passed away today. R.I.P mate My thoughts are with Camilla & the family.

Oh sh*+..more bad news on the talented musician front. I'd heard about the crash but hoped the worse wouldn't happen. What a tragedy. Had his first LP and played it over and over.
Posted By: Scott Re: What are your top 10 albums of 2015? - 01/27/16 08:53 PM
You should go & check out his recent albums. Not a bad song to be found. A true gentleman. I always spoke to him either before or after his gigs but for some reason I didn't when I saw him last year in Airdrie. I'll miss him.
© Metamatic