Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Brian

My brother had it.

http://www.discogs.com/Sparks-Tryouts-For-The-Human-Race-Beat-The-Clock/release/54996

He also had Number One Song in Heaven so my memory could be a bit hazy....

Brian

Ok Brian - looks sort of like a promo, but interesting nonetheless.

Lest we forget: Kraftwerk's The Model was lifted from TMM album to be made into a 'filler' B side - at least in the UK - to Computer Love in 1981, before becoming a single in its own right and getting to no. 1 in 1982.

Last edited by Birdsong; 08/03/15 09:17 PM.
Originally Posted By: MemberD

Lest we forget: Kraftwerk's The Model was lifted from TMM album to be made into a 'filler' B side - at least in the UK - to Computer Love in 1981, before becoming a single in its own right and getting to no. 1 in 1982.

That's a good one.

Brian

Last edited by Birdsong; 08/03/15 09:16 PM.
C
C
B side of Duran Duran's Planet Earth, Late Bar, blinding
Cheers

LA-LA-LA-LATE BAAAAR! LA-L-L-L-LA-LA-LA!

CHOON! smile

I
I
I'm glad you listened to ypour Uncle ivan Membs You've just got yourself a wee flashing Yellow triangle whilst your original thread is floundering I'll be making my steve Harley based contribution soon when I can find the link
Btw I shall be travelling from Liverpool to your native Hereford at the end of the month where i'll be picked up by anothe ex Lancastrian Off tpo his in malvern whence to chepstow to see the mighty Levellers at Chepstow on Bank Holiday Monday I'm pschying myself up for the concert by not washing for 3 weeks and buying a dog to which i will attach a piece of string

*lights a spliff and graffitis "Smash the Cistern" on nearest wall*

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 08/06/15 12:15 PM.
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

Ah well give my regards to Edgar Street and if you're travelling by car on the way to Elgar-land, maybe stop off for a quick "liquid luncheon" at The Chase in Bishop's Frome, or The Royal Oak at Leigh Sinton for want of a better hostelry. Natives friendly - English spoken.

*does quick Google search for Levellers* - ah! them! Well I'm sure it'll be a whole lotta fun. I hear they're running random passport checks o'er the Severn Bridge, boyo, so be on yer best behaviour.

Back OT: B side du jour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtWoQ2uH8Xk

I
I
OK Two for the price of one from me I think I've already mentioned GOME UP AND SEE ME(MAKE ME SMILE) STEVE HARLEY AND COCKNEY REBEL as my favourite ever number one on here Anywaty I bought the vinyl 45 back in the day and it featured this Another Journey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKZ43AIoqwc
However it was released in 1980 and the B side was just mind-blowing It is as if Joy Division and Queen had met in the pub and had gone back to Freddie or Ian's gaffe after closing time to write a song
It ìs epicly sweeping, gloomy, operatic nelancholic grandiose and life-afferming A real pearl.

SAMBADY CAWED ME SEBAARSTIENN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq481utZ8yE

I'm surpruised he never sued Sylviasn when he ripped most of it off for Night Porter

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 08/06/15 02:20 PM.
Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
OK Two for the price of one from me I think I've already mentioned GOME UP AND SEE ME(MAKE ME SMILE) STEVE HARLEY AND COCKNEY REBEL as my favourite ever number one on here Anywaty I bought the vinyl 45 back in the day and it featured this Another Journey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKZ43AIoqwc
However it was released in 1980 and the B side was just mind-blowing It is as if Joy Division and Queen had met in the pub and had gone back to Freddie or Ian's gaffe after closing time to write a song
It ìs epicly sweeping, gloomy, operatic nelancholic grandiose and life-afferming A real pearl.

SAMBADY CAWED ME SEBAARSTIENN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq481utZ8yE

I'm surpruised he never sued Sylviasn when he ripped most of it off for Night Porter

I always thought Nightporter was a rip of a Bugsy Malone song called Tomorrow Never Comes: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc8JnQjSCjQ

M
M
Just few (that are not already mentioned, I think) without checking too much my record collection:

John Foxx - Stairway / Enter The Angel
John Foxx - Swimmer 2 / Dancing Like A Gun
Japan - The Experience Of Swimming / Gentlemen Take Polaroids
Soft Cell - It's A Mugs Game (7" and 12" versions) / Where The Heart Is
Visage - I'm Still Searching / Night Train
Duran Duran - Faster Than Light / Girls On Film
Duran Duran - Like An Angel / My Own Way
Duran Duran - Secret Oktober / Union Of The Snake
Adam and The Ants - Christian D'or / Prince Charming
Thomas Dolby - Leipzig / Urges
Fallout Club - Pedestrian Walkway / Dream Soldiers
Fallout Club - Desert Song / Wanderlust
Low Noise - Urban Tribal / Jungleline
Classix Nouveaux - 627 / Never Again
The Associates - Kites / Breakfast
Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Hack Attack / Love Missile F1-11
Mick Karn & Midge Ure - Textures / After A Fashion
Midge Ure - Man Who Sold The World / If I Was

Last edited by Mr Normall; 08/09/15 09:46 PM.
Administrator
Administrator

A couple more for the playlist:

Pulled To Bits - Siouxsie & The Banshees (Playground Twist, 1979)
Crowds - Bauhaus (Telegram Sam, 1980)
Disappointed - Morrissey (Every Day Is Like Sunday, 1988)
My Lagan Love - Kate Bush (Cloudbusting, 1985)

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.