Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 91 of 125 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
OK My fellow fibaheads how do you see next season going ?
I fear more of the same mediocrity for my beloved Toffees somewhere between 9th and 11th
Regarding your respective teams
Chelsea retain Championship
Spurs 3rd place
WBA ever the unpredictables either Europa League or a relegation battle , but I think Pulis will steady the good ship Baggie

The short answer is – I think Poch is going for a young team approach who will maybe get top 4 but most likely top 5. I think it may be our last season at the Lane as we know it as well before the bulldozers move in. Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes…

Our absolute tippermost toppermost of the poppermost priority should be another holding midfielder and a striker. I’d love for Poch to be reunited with Schneiderlin ... but it’s just a dream.

There are plenty of players out there who could offer what Schneiderlin does (- Kramer* would be a good signing perhaps), but there's also Imbula* who's been a key player for Marseille this season.

Elsewhere we need a striker as Kane can’t do it all on his own and Soldado…well…he’s Soldado innit. Danny Ings’ name was getting batted about and would of been a good idea if Liverpool hadn’t got there yesterday. He's probably better off at a club where he can play regularly – but he would have been great to have alongside Kane.

We’ve just stole someone from Burnley anyway - Trippier arrived the other day which may mean it could be curtains for Kyle Walker who’s been dogged by injury or inconsistency when he isn’t being injured.

We’ve just signed Wimmer and he looks promising*, whether he is one for the future, contingency in the case of Vertonghen leaving or competition for a first team place, he is likely to be an upgrade on Kaboul and Chiriches. Kaboul – for whatever reason – has lost it, seriously lost it and needs to leave -yesterday.

We signed Yedlin too after his performance for the US in the World Cup last year. Defensively we’ve been poor all season - if Walker can't get back to something approaching fit then hopefully we will see Yedlin, but Trippier appears good value if not. Besides, it’s looking likely that Yedlin will be loaned out to a Championship side for his first season.

Poch clearly not convinced by Capoue or Stambouli either – I’ve not seen either of them for yonks. Mason isn’t the finished article yet, but I’d rather him than some £5m nobody from Le Provincial Anonymous. But we have new blood coming up through the ranks like Kane last season…can’t think of their names but they’re there.

*All this guessing is based purely on youtube clips pasted up on Spurs Facebook pages – I’m no expert or a football scout!

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Brian
Cheers Ivan,

The weather came good in the end.

We had a great day and night cheers.

Here is a picture of me and the Bride and all 5 brothers Devine doing the JazzHandz

http://twitter.com/mateybloke/status/612413364418007040/photo/1

Tickets go on sale around a month before the match so let me know.Would be great to meet up.

Brian

Oi Bri Throstles Toffees been shifted to Monday night by bleedin' Sky so count me out

Always the way.... eek

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Brian
Always the way.... eek

To add insult to injury They've shifted our home game against City to Sunday too When I booked our family Holiday flights in April I thought I was boxing clever by making sure I'd be in Liverpool on the last two Saturdays of August I f++kin' hate Sky

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 07/03/15 03:00 PM.
I hate S£y too.

We can never plan anything.

We'll just have to both get demoted to the Championship grin

Despite what many may think it was always more fun and you had more games and less that got moved to telly,

Brian

I
OP Offline
I
Good stage today in french speaking Belgium Went through Eddie Merxck's native village and a good climbing finish on the hellishly steep Mur de Huy

Glad to see Martin win today - he deserved that. Was a bit worried when he got on his team-mates bike though as his team-mate has the brakes switched round.

I
OP Offline
I
What an underwhelming stage today's Tourmalet one turned out to be ! Still and all , well done to the breakaway stage winner

As some of you may have seen on Facebook...

After 15 years of trouble free cycling I came a big cropper Friday lunchtime.

I was cycling through some roadworks between Burntwood and Lichfield and was pelting along 25 to 30 miles an hour when something caused the front cog and chain to lock.

Because I was at full speed the momentum caused me to lock the steering to the left which caused the bike to roll over and my right knee took the full impact onto the Tarmac .

I jumped straight up and dragged the bike onto someone's drive not realising how badly injured I was.

My helmet had saved my head but I had a few cuts.

I was in a T-shirt so my hands and arms were cut.

I had a nasty burn on my left shoulder which must have come from my rucksack.

The really bad one was my right knee.

It had a 2 inch by 1 inch split and a deep hole which seemed to go down to the bone.

I was still thinking of walking back with the bike to my house the 2 miles at this stage.

Then the adrenaline from the cycling stopped and the beginning of shock creeping in so knocked on someone's door but couldn't raise them.

I then decided that it was bad so I called 999.

At A&E they decided that it was too deep for a simple clean and stitch up and required time in surgery under a general anaesthetic.

Because of a string of life threatening operations I didn't get into theatre until Sunday morning.

Back home now with a splint and stitches until Thursday.

I won't be cycling for around a month.

The picture of my knee is very gruesome so I've put it way down the page.

Brian

Page 91 of 125 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.