Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
Hahahahahaha!

CHAMPIONS!

Radler , my trusty gregario I shall be in Castellania Sunday morning to take part in La Mitica a tribute to the legendary Fausto Coppi. Like last time , leaving from the house he grew up in , in the Hills Halfway mark , Il Campionisimo cycling museum where we shall be welcomed with glasses of Prosecco and the area's finest fare. Bit like L'Epica

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 06/26/15 10:30 AM.
Well jel guv - wish I was there! I'd love to do La Mitica - hopefully 2016. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

I
OP Offline
I
Well jel guv - wish I was there! I'd love to do La Mitica - hopefully 2016. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Done Gazza I slept in Tortona last night and set off at 6 30 am Drop dead beautiful Appenine scenery on the steady gruelling climb (17k to reach the start) First part all step down hill to Novi Ligure abnd Campionissimo Museum the Whole day was about Fausto Coppi We were greeted at the museum with bottles of White wine and foccaccia After 20 minutes , the peloton wended its way back to Castellania the hill top village (similar to Alice) where Coppi grew up. Given the fact I had 17k to go back eedingstation before the killer finish There was a 900 foot height gain to make up and the first section was on a 3k strada bianca like in L'Epica but the gradients were gruelling Then another killer 4k section in the blistering heat before the final 3k to Castellania. I got back much faster than I expected and apparently was third to complete the 48 k course It was only 11.35 so I had time to get a shower before they starting serving food Ravioli with free wine Loads of stalls selling retro stuff , youda loved it. I purchased 4 cycling caps , one of which , a Bianchi one , will be winging its way to Château Radler , once I get me sheet together .Captain Ivan hopes his trusty gregario can make it to the next one .

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 06/28/15 08:29 PM.
Cor! That sounds a bit acecakes guv…except the 17km to the start! Heh! Blimey! I really need to work on my hills because where I live…there aren’t any! That sounds wonderful though – yes, we must do that next year, and cheers for the cap!

I
OP Offline
I
Cor! That sounds a bit acecakes guv…except the 17km to the start! Heh! Blimey! I really need to work on my hills because where I live…there aren’t any! That sounds wonderful though – yes, we must do that next year, and cheers for the cap!

A great day indeed The worst part was the ironically the easiest The initial steep descent to Novi 7 or 8 k of pressing on the brakes and making sure the cyclists in front of you didn't suddenly stop
The part I'm best pleased about , is that after the museum , I did the remaining 29k in 85 minutes 14 on the flat than 15 of horrendous climbing in searing heat and gravelled sections

No photies as yet apart from these

http://www.lastampa.it/2015/06/28/multim...ina.html?page=2

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 06/29/15 11:11 AM.
Cool! Look at all that vintage Bianchi gear! Blimey!

Looks like it was a great day - fantastic weather. Dunno if we'll get that on October!

I
OP Offline
I
Cool! Look at all that vintage Bianchi gear! Blimey!

Looks like it was a great day - fantastic weather. Dunno if we'll get that on October!

Radler my trusty gregario I was delighted to receive your mail VELOMATIC IS GO! I phoned the lovely Michela and she'll weigh us in (to use a different riding analogy) Undfortunately our Cranberries/Rory Gallagher domestiques Terry and Jess will not be available I did see them however in Dublin last week and they send their regards Copious amounts of Galway Hooker flowed. Guiness is sooo last century

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 09/04/15 10:11 AM.
Galway Hooker!? Must admit, I've never heard of it - if I see it I'll give it a go.

Sorry to hear Jess and Terry can't make it!

I've had Galway Hooker when I was in Galway City maybe 6 years ago.

Can be pretty hard to find though.

Nice change from the mono culture of Guiness & Smithwicks.

Brian

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Brian
I've had Galway Hooker when I was in Galway City maybe 6 years ago.

Can be pretty hard to find though.

Nice change from the mono culture of Guiness & Smithwicks.

Brian

Good stuff indeed Remind me again Bri, what were we drinking in Wolverhampton pre Manics ? It was good whatever it was
It was in The Charles Parnell btw

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.