Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I ordered the double pack of the vinyl versions of "Interplay" and "The Shape Of Things" from Townsends on 11th November. I received "The Shape Of Things" pretty soon after (14/11)with a note that "Interplay" was to follow. I got in touch with Townsends. I chased up about my order a week yesterday and was told it would be despatched by the end of last week, still nothing and post has been today.

I am going to chase again but just wondered if anyone else was waiting for their order on the vinyl "Interplay".

Not used Townsends a great deal but on the few times I have I have had issues with them.

Administrator
Administrator

I got mine from there on issue and they came together with no problems.
I have otherwise not heard of problems.

In my experience, Townsend respond well to feedback and enquiries so I guess you might just have to keep chasing them.

Thanks for the advise though, it's been noted

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
OP Offline
Thanks for replying, I have e-mailed them to get an update.

Originally Posted By: Birdsong

I got mine from there on issue and they came together with no problems.
I have otherwise not heard of problems.

In my experience, Townsend respond well to feedback and enquiries so I guess you might just have to keep chasing them.

Thanks for the advise though, it's been noted

OP Offline
A little update on this.....

LP's are still not in stock.

OP Offline
After 3 weeks my saga with Townsend Records continues.

I'm only posting this to voice my displeasure with John's online music retailer in the hope that Rob may read this and have an idea what is going on.

I was told by Townsend's that my outstanding order for the vinyl edition of John's "Interplay" album would be despatched week ending 22nd November, nothing had arrived by the following Tuesday so I chased again 25th November and got this reply

"Apologies for the delay with the LP, we have been on to the distributors of the LP today as they did not arrive with us as originally scheduled, they are shipping to us later today or tomorrow, as soon as they arrive your copy will be sent straight out to you."

Despite this promise a week later and still nothing.

I just feel Townends are giving me the run around. I have again e-mailed them today to voice my disgust.

The Archive
The Archive
Hi there Gary,

I'll see what I can do to get it resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Rob

The Archive
The Archive
Hi there Gary,

I've also been advised that Townsend Records are currently waiting for more stock of the vinyl version of Interplay.

I've subsequently asked that you are contacted directly with a definite date as to when your order will be disptached.

Regards,

Rob

OP Offline
Thanks for replying Rob. Late this afternoon I received an e-mail in response to one I sent earlier in the day which stated that they had stock of the album delivered on Friday and a copy was sent out, obviously not arrived as yet.

I don't know what to think as they seem to be telling you a completely different story to me.

All very disappointing on Townsends part but I certainly appreciate you making noises.

Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
Hi there Gary,

I've also been advised that Townsend Records are currently waiting for more stock of the vinyl version of Interplay.

I've subsequently asked that you are contacted directly with a definite date as to when your order will be disptached.

Regards,

Rob

OP Offline
Rob it comes as no surprise that despite Townsends claiming they sent my vinyl copy of "Interplay" on the 28th Novemeber (whichh is completely different to what they told you earlier this week as they advised you they were waiting for stock"!!)

Furthermore despite your efforts they made no effort to get in touch via E-Mail as you asked them to.

I have never come across such a farce and I am really disappointed that they have constantly lied to me about the order being sent out etc.

Once this is resolved I certainly won't be using Townsend's again their customer service is diabolical. Good customer service is measured by how they deal with customers when things have gone wrong and they have failed big time as far as i'm concerned.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.