Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 751 of 753 1 2 749 750 751 752 753
I received my copy of Gary Numan's Splinter the other day. I've only had one listen so far. Some tracks jump out immediately as being as good as anything Gary has released for a while. A couple of the slower tracks don't really do it for me though.

I received the Tears For Fears 'The Hurting' box set today. 3 cds and a dvd. You get the original album,a disc of b-sides and remixes, a disc of live sessions and a live concert dvd from December '83.Plus a book of photos/interviews and replica tour programme. Many of the early singles,b-sides and remixes have never been available on cd before. This is my favourite TFF album so can't wait to work my way through it.

Agree with you regards the new Numan album, his best for a long time and I love 9 out of the 12 tracks (the 3 I think that are poor are, A Shadow Falls On Me, We're The Unforgiven and Who Are You).

One thing that really disappoints me about the album is the fact that once again song lyrics and even a song title contain "God" and "Bleed". I really don't know how many times he has to use those particular words in songs. He has been lambasted for it for so long I was amazed to see they reared their ugly heads again on this album and he was even daft enough to release "Love, Hurt, Bleed" as the lead single from it!!!

That aside a very solid album.

Originally Posted By: Your Shadow
I received my copy of Gary Numan's Splinter the other day. I've only had one listen so far. Some tracks jump out immediately as being as good as anything Gary has released for a while. A couple of the slower tracks don't really do it for me though.

I received the Tears For Fears 'The Hurting' box set today. 3 cds and a dvd. You get the original album,a disc of b-sides and remixes, a disc of live sessions and a live concert dvd from December '83.Plus a book of photos/interviews and replica tour programme. Many of the early singles,b-sides and remixes have never been available on cd before. This is my favourite TFF album so can't wait to work my way through it.

Administrator
Administrator

Not sure I understand the issue. All artists have styles and themes, and Numan is strongly identified with his.

You could make the same case against Foxx with "woman" "city" and "fog"...

I
I
Originally Posted By: Birdsong

Not sure I understand the issue. All artists have styles and themes, and Numan is strongly identified with his.

You could make the same case against Foxx with "woman" "city" and "fog"...

*Eagerly awaits release of 12" stand alone vinyl single " Woman in the Foggy City " from our Den *

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 10/21/13 07:58 AM.
Gary Numan - Hybrid
Feathers - If All Now Here

I'm off to see Depeche Mode tomorrow night and Feathers are the support act. It's a well put together album, so looking forward to seeing them as well as DM smile

O
O
Properly miffed I'm not going to see Depeche Mode in Birmingham tomorrow, as that's another blow on top of missing Numan last year. One year out of the loop and you miss a shedload of news and new material!

S
S
Mike Oldfield - Man On The Rocks

A good album but at the moment preferring disc 2 the instrumentals.

Liars - Mess

Soon to released but available now to stream

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/16/286421233/first-listen-liars-mess

Punky,Grungy Electro starts quite weird.

I quite like it.

Brian

Laibach: The whistleblowers.
http://vimeo.com/90023643

John Foxx builds cathedrals, and Laibach builds Jugend. Wry as they always are - is this for fun or for real.

Currently listening to the album Many Faces of War from LA based Army of the Dancefloor. They do slightly dark synth pop.

Best track on the album is the epic psychedelic opening track Machine.

https://soundcloud.com/armyonthedancefloor/machinemp3

I can also recommend the 12 minute 3 songs in one track album closer Many Faces of War:-

https://soundcloud.com/armyonthedancefloor/09-many-faces-of-war-1

More tracks can be found here:-

https://soundcloud.com/armyonthedancefloor

An uncompressed Flac and high bit rate MP3 version of the album is available on CDbaby.com for just under £6

Brian

Page 751 of 753 1 2 749 750 751 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.