Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 117 of 753 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Ultravox: System of Romance (one of the best albums ever IMO)
I wont argue with you on that. wink

Been in work this morning doing a Database upgrade so have played quite a bit,Muse,AutoMatic,Madonna,Robyn,Systems of Romance,Ultravox! & From Trash,My Chemical Romance also played some Myspace music Cerrone - Supernature.

Monotonous muzak- Telephone queue.

L
L
Oh I LOVE Telephone Queue!Have you ever seen them live?They are so cool...
Im playing the promo cd of "Junk Receiver" by Apparatus and Hand,its a sublime piece of work.

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Ultravox: System of Romance (one of the best albums ever IMO)
It surely is. I thought I had hit gold. At the time(1983)I happened to listen for the first time Systems of Romance , The Garden and Metamatic. Such varied works and all masterpieces. That year The Golden Section was released, which I truly enjoyed.

Chris wink

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Haven't posted here for a while. I've been listening to loads this summer.

Figures by Zaine Griff . A brilliant record yet to be released on CD.

Breaking Glass by Hazel O'Connor . For her debut as an actress, singer and, last but not least, songwriter is absolutely remarkable. Come into the air is my favourite and could have been her 6th single off the album!

Far Away In Time by Martha and the Muffins . A compilation of Metro Music (noticed Gibraltar Point on the Map of Toronto :p )plus selected tracks from Trance and Dance and This is the Ice Age. New Wave material moving onto pop. I guess Echo Beach still remains "Far Away in Time"!

Icicle Works (Box set) by the Icicle Works . No synths but a fantastic rock album with well written and performed songs.

The Best of Toyah summarizes the phenomenon that Toyah was...from another planet! eek

Wire's back catalogue. Noticed I am the Fly on Rhodes & Taylor's compilation re The Rumrunner. Noticed also some similarity in the artwork on Duran Duran's debut album to Chairs Missing . Early Wire didn't do too much to me, although I need to play their 2nd album quite more as it feels like a lost classic. Perhaps it must have been on the strength of the song Outdoor Miner. Their eighties/early nineties period is my favourite with Graham Lewis's bass playing sounding as prominent as Peter Hook's on New Order's records. It is often mentioned that both Graham and Peter influenced each other. Graham influencing Peter in the late seventies and Peter influencing Graham in the eighties.

Howard Devoto's Jerky Versions remaster. A better release than Magic, Murder and the Weather . Still waiting for a release from him after the brilliant Buzzkunst was released more than 5 years ago.

Astrea Redux's Eyes Alone ep and Endzeit's Sternenlicht. A great musician Axel Treusch is.

Martin Hannett's Joy Division personal mixes . Has 3 versions of Decades known here as N4 Europop . Spooky but great stuff! eek

Roxy Music's Avalon . A classic.

David Bowie's Sound and Vision box set. The legend and icon. laugh

Chris C wink

Currently playing various tracks by the Pet Shop Boys and Dave Gahan's new single KINGDOM, which is now available on iTunes! cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Quote:
[b] Ultravox: System of Romance (one of the best albums ever IMO)
It surely is. I thought I had hit gold. [/b]
Indeed. I will NEVER EVER forget hearing it for the first time.

In fact, I deliberately do NOT play it often because everytime I do play it, it is like hearing it for the very first time.

OMD - 'Peel Sessions'

The Californian Guitar Trio - 'Invitation'

and Richard Barbieri - 'Things Buried'

Sarah laugh

Hope y'all enjoying the weekend!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
Hope y'all enjoying the weekend!
A bit of a working weekend for me this time, but cant complain even though ive tried too. :rolleyes: smile

Today some OMD - 'omd' (remaster)

As its sunday, there will be some Foxx at some point today.

Page 117 of 753 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.