Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
My Amazon CD was waiting for me when I got home tonight. First listen….wow!... dramatic, powerful; the tunes unmistakeably Jori Hulkkonen, the words likewise John Foxx.

EPs from Mr Foxx have been rare to this point, but just like the Drive EP, I suspect this is going to sit high on my list of all-time favourite works.

Last edited by MikeG; 08/22/13 08:03 PM.
MikeG #46598 08/24/13 04:07 PM
T
T
A big thumbs up for European Splendour from me too. It's impressive that all four songs are very strong. Here's hoping for an album from JF and JH.

C
C
Could anyone comment on the sound quality of the vinyl vs. the CD? I can only put one on my Christmas list and would appreciate hearing others' opinions. Thanks!

cdave2 #46600 08/24/13 06:16 PM
I've only had chance to,listen to side one of the vinyl.

Heard the whole CD version.

Vinyl seems to have move oomph.

More depth to it.Deeper bass.

Nice chunky thick vinyl as well.

Brian

Brian #46601 08/25/13 11:10 AM
I got my packet of CD and Vinyl yesterday afternoon ( two days before my 50's - so it is a nice birthday present from John to me :))

What a great recording.I haven't listened to the tracks before, except Evangeline radio edit. Evangeline album version blew me away and the other 3 tracks a wonderful too. Very well made, John and Jori!

I cannot really hear big differences between the sound quality of CD/Vinyl. But this was not the reason I ordered both. For me, the Vinyl looks fantastic. But I think this has to do it is a bigger size than the CD - for me the reason vinyl record covers looks better than CD covers. I'm happy with both.

5stars of 5 from me for this EP!

C
C
Happy birthday, Shadow Man! smile

Thanks to you and Brian for your comments. Looks as if it will be the vinyl for me, assuming it doesn't sell out before Christmas. Fingers crossed!

cdave2 #46609 08/26/13 11:25 AM
Oh, thank you cdave2 smile

But think of the CD included 2 tracks more - Evangeline David Lynch remix instrumental and Evangline radio edit. But it's not vinyl...

I'm sure you make your right decision!

T
T
My vinyl copy arrived today and playing it now.

Lovely dreamy electronica and sounds great. Pity all of John's releases are not on vinyl.

Is there going to be a full album or is this it?

With the great music John has been making with Benge, he is certainly on a roll

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: turntable
My vinyl copy arrived today and playing it now.

Lovely dreamy electronica and sounds great. Pity all of John's releases are not on vinyl.

Is there going to be a full album or is this it?

When asked in an exclusive interview with this website, Jori confirmed that : "We haven't talked about an album, but it's hard to see this being our final record together, either.".

Rob

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

So when is an album...?

European Splendour has 6 tracks and runs for 37 minutes.

I have 'albums' with only four tracks on, and albums that run for less than 37 minutes

What defines 'an album'?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.