Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: metal beat
I'm not overly keen on the cover design.

That's fair enough - but it needed to be an image from that particular era of John's career - and something with a psychedelic feel to it.

I'm interested in and hoping that a few unrealeased tracks will be included, then it'll be worthwhile purchasing.

I don't think that you'll be disappointed... grin

I'm gonna guess the DVD is the Virgin era tape.

And more besides... wink

Rob

Nice bit of news. Look forward to it.

Yeah, me too! It's been a long time coming!

A Looooooooooooooooooooong Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime...

...sorry, I'll get my coat

Thanks for the feed back Rob.

F
F
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
it will contain two CDs and a DVD.

And the DVD will have all John's 80s videos on it? Unabridged? Including him and Oppenheimer waltzing in crowded streets in chromakey? GO ON!!!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO! grin

OP Offline
I'm really looking forward to this release. Hopefully we will get all the extended mixes that are still unavailable on CD and by the sound of it some unreleased goodies.

Personally I like the cover. Obviously it's from the photo session for the 1982 single release of Endlessly. As Rob points out it fits the time period and theme of Metadelic.

C
C
A wonderful idea as I really enjoyed Metatronic. So much wealth John has in his archives. Will really enjoy this as much as I enjoy the Maths stuff.

T
T
Great! Another one to tick off that original list wink

H
H
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
Speaking of Metadelic... here's an exclusive first look at the front cover artwork...

Metadelic will be similar in format to Metatronic in that it will contain two CDs and a DVD. It's currently scheduled for release during April.
The full track-listing will be announced shortly.

Rob

Don't want to seem over impatient but we're already halfway through April. Any news of a release date yet Rob, or has it been put back to avoid clashing with Rhapsody?

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Herbert the turbot
Don't want to seem over impatient but we're already halfway through April. Any news of a release date yet Rob, or has it been put back to avoid clashing with Rhapsody?

I'm waiting on further / final confirmation myself - but it's likely to be (slightly) delayed. You'll have doubtless noticed that the track-listing hasn't even been announced - and that's because there's still some work to do in order to clear the last few tracks. Once that's been done, then the artwork can be finished off and it can go into production. I will post full details (release date and track-listing) just as soon as everything's been confirmed.

Rob

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.