Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#45495 01/15/13 09:09 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
.. re-issues, re-masters, re-cyclings etc...

Electronic - Electronic (Sumner/Marr and occasional PSBoy project)
re-issue with bonus disc out in March.

details: RecordStore.co.uk (will not be available in HMV)

MemberD #45692 02/08/13 07:50 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Simple Minds will release 'CELEBRATE - THE GREATEST HITS+' on 25th March 2013 in 2 and 3 CD Collections including 2 brand new tracks.

plus tour

Details: http://www.simpleminds.com/sm/Greatest-Hits-Officially-Announced-Today-b741

--personally I'd just be happy with the CD1 of the 3 CD set...if any.

MemberD #45693 02/08/13 08:16 AM
C
C
Originally Posted By: MemberD
Simple Minds will release 'CELEBRATE - THE GREATEST HITS+'.

--personally I'd just be happy with the CD1 of the 3 CD set...if any.

Having studied all the tracklists I'd agree with your CD choice, and I really don't like that cover image/design smile

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: core memory

Having studied all the tracklists I'd agree with your CD choice, and I really don't like that cover image/design smile

No, I quite like the cover, och aye.

MemberD #45695 02/08/13 09:48 AM
C
C
I agree with the logic behind the choice of image and the distinctive original Empires And Dance cover is still strong after 33 years (crikey, thirty three years, I remember like it was yesterday!) its just the present re-appropriation seems lacking in its execution to me.

Why two CD releases? okay, apart from the all important track order the price difference at £9.99 and £12.99 is negligible, or are Simple Minds acknowledging the fact that they have two groups of fans they want to please, the early lot (that'd be me then!) and the latter lot...

I
I
Are airports still playing Brian Enooooooo and more importantly are men still marching in Eastern Europe ?
A drive- thru McDonalds in Kiev or Gdansk on the new cover would capture the Zeitgeist perfectly !

M
M
Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
Are airports still playing Brian Enooooooo and more importantly are men still marching in Eastern Europe ?
A drive- thru McDonalds in Kiev or Gdansk on the new cover would capture the Zeitgeist perfectly !

Don't know about men marching in Eastern Europe, Ivan. They were marching in Central Europe, back in the day. Marching on now, marching on now.

MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
if anyone reading this has been in a time capsule for the past 35 years or so, you may be interested in this compilation album by a band called The Human League. It covers their career with a label called Virgin Records from circa 1978 to 1990

All The Best

MemberD #45743 02/20/13 12:48 PM
C
C
Originally Posted By: MemberD
if anyone reading this has been in a time capsule for the past 35 years or so, you may be interested in this compilation album by a band called The Human League. It covers their career with a label called Virgin Records from circa 1978 to 1990

All The Best

never heard of them, are these the guys who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong?

(should've saved that one for the cryptic quiz smile )

Birdsong #45745 02/20/13 02:47 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Old music being "repurposed" in 2013 ..

(the above is decidedly off topic...)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.