Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 45 46
C
C
Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
"Depeche Mode's Condemnation " He messed up on the letters ... "The Bogota jewel thief " One of England's most humiliating experiences since Bannockburn !

Ah, french mag fashions sentence, now I get it, and I thought you meant the ConDem(s)Nation that we are presently all in it together with here in the UK.
Yes, Bogota, but still don't see how such an international incident that nearly caused world war three and the extermination of all intelligent life on earth can be boiled down to just a four-letter word, unless of course Bobbies Moore and Charlton shouted F**K when they were caught tea-leafing ladies bling to go with their cross-dressing outfits at the England football winners party later that evening...

Administrator
Administrator

9 DOWN and 27 ACROSS

"Bon vivant James, your compositions are well-known overseas"
(4, 2, 3, 6, 13, 8)

I
OP Offline
I
Hey Ivan - How do you like it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJGrIyt-X8

Excellent work Martin ! Core Memory hit the post but failed to slot the rebound !
BOBBY MOORE MOORE MOORE YOU BAD COCKNEY TEA LEAF BAD COCKNEY TEA LEAF !

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 01/09/13 09:55 PM.
I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Birdsong

9 DOWN and 27 ACROSS

"Bon vivant James, your compositions are well-known overseas"
(4, 2, 3, 6, 13, 8)

I thought I had this straight off Martin , but the 13 threw me We've not been counting too well of late ! Anyway Reggie Kray knows his name as do I ! "Their hero in prison " Bobby Moore inspired ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk1wUKoXL20

Anyway my turn

"Vacuous Eton toff's relative tells tale of Mr Bongo's militia taking in bitumen and oak bark before setting off on abortive trip to South America " (5,6, 4)

This post is brought to you by Schadenfreude

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 01/10/13 06:49 AM.

"Vacuous Eton toff's relative tells tale of Mr Bongo's militia taking in bitumen and oak bark before setting off on abortive trip to South America " (5,6, 4)

This post is brought to you by Schadenfreude

Empty Vessel...summat...?

Administrator
Administrator

OK - well played Ivan!

I thought the clue was good but the song title too long and distinctive...

First reference to James last on this forum, I believe :-D

Now then, this clue of yours. I'm heading towards the Rats?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Got the James Last and Bond famous worldwide thing but after that totally stumped, and not being a Smiths fan I was lost, couldn't fit anything to that 13 letter word!

C
C

Got it,

'Harry Screws Peru'

I think its a song by One Direction, inspired by Willam's ginger brother whose naked poolside girl posse antics are fueled by his penchant for illegal substances provided by corrupt military governments.

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: core memory

Got it,

'Harry Screws Peru'

I think its a song by One Direction, inspired by Willam's ginger brother whose naked poolside girl posse antics are fueled by his penchant for illegal substances provided by corrupt military governments.

Arf ! I'm liking the cut of your jib , Cores . Great reply but unfortunately I can't give it to you on this occasion . If I might go all "Alanis Morrisette " on you "It's ironic " that you of all people on here should mention Peru . Urban myth has it South of the Border that there was a mass culling of pigeons in Glasgow , Edinburgh and Aberdeen given the fact that the aforementioned disease carrying avians kept expressing their support for Hector Cubillas and his team ! It's connected to the abovementioned abortive journey if my fading memory serves me right .

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Birdsong

OK - well played Ivan!

I thought the clue was good but the song title too long and distinctive...

First reference to James last on this forum, I believe :-D

Now then, this clue of yours. I'm heading towards the Rats?

Thank you Sir Not Geldof and his boys on this occasion I'm afraid
Here is a picture clue to help you all along

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ali_Bongo.jpg

Page 5 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 45 46

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.