Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Guv'nor
OP Offline
The Guv'nor
Phew! Glad that one's over - floods, revolutions, economic disasters, clandestine terrorism and new governments - and that's only at my house.

Released a lot recently, but still some way to go before the table is clear - here's the list compiled by Malins Endeavours Ltd and fuelled by Wishpower:-

Jori - absolutely first priority - he always sends such good ideas. Done by New Year's day. Promise. Then that wonderful violin album from Diana. Makes my heart ache. 'Alice In The Cities' album finished by Summer '13 - with Hannah, Serafina, Smoke Fairies - and still to record:- Elizabeth Gazelle Twin and the mighty Tara... plus other surprise guests perhaps...

Must master Ballard soundtrack - urgent - everyone waiting – 'This Author is Beyond Psychiatric Help'. Know the feeling.

New project with Mark Fisher and Karborn for a London art exhibition, made in the same way as the Ballard film for Brighton, but based on the 'Electricity And Ghosts' album (almost completed). Quick wash and a cup of coffee.

Meanwhile Benge slopes off to LA seeking sunshine, palm trees and open-top driving before a day or two posing on muscle beach. Wows locals. Intends to record ideas for the next Maths album, finish off loads of projects and swim to San Francisco via all the pools on the way. If he wanders into Scarlett Johanssen's back yard, request full report with candid photography.

Been writing songs for me and Robin S to record. Looking good - couple of filthy riffs and some skyscraper tunes... guitars yet.

Looks like Paul Daley's got everything sorted and the record will emerge sometime this coming year. All going exceedingly well on the Paul front. Monster Material. Can't wait.

So here we are - comfy cardigan and cords - Binge Crosby on the hi-fi. Crackly log fire. Lights down, 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door. Ahhhh. Peace and goodwill. Leave the dummy in the armchair and slip off to that dodgy bar on 24th street.

Hope you all manage to mangle turkeys, pulverise pud and mince your pies.

Best,

John

Fantastic. Thanks John and a very merry Christmas.

All sounds bloody fantastic.

Thanks for the Update John. cool

Have a good one.

Brian

C
C
'Alice In The Cities'

I love that title, I'm hoping this will transpire to be a lovely atmospheric summery evening psychfolktronic album to enjoy when the bright long day turns to dusk,

cheers John.

grinGreat!

Thanks for all John.

Merry Christmas to you and all.

Andreas smile

Looking forward to next year John.

Happy Christmas everyone

Peter

New material with Robin S? really looking forward to that. The rest too, should be a good year.

Leave some space for another Japan Live event please!

2012年おつかれさまでした、来年もよろしくおねがいします!
(Thanks for everything in 2012, Looking forward to next year)

Many thanks to The Guv'nor for that typically cinemascopic end of year message.
(Awaited with as much anticipation as The Queen's Speech in our house).

Yuletide greetings to all ye.

Administrator
Administrator

Indeed!

Thanks John for that preview of The Shape Of Things To Come... but I thought you were busy? That sorts out the first few weeks of 2013.

What happens after Easter... ;-D

Seriously though, it's been the most inspirational year ever, just like the previous 30-something.

A big thanks to everyone that passes through this forum and to Foxxheads everywhere.
Merry Christmas John, Steve, Rob et cetera.

Thanks for all the encouragement, support and music.
I'm in for the duration, so bring it on

Mxx

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Cheers Guv!

Have a great Christmas, sounds like you've got New Year sorted! Brilliant!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.