Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 68 of 125 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
OK Gazza yer cleat virgin ! The main thing are the shoes Cleats are like "Kraft Cheese Slices made triangular so as to fit the shoes** I'm not ashamed to say when I first started I felt like an 8 -year- old learning to ride again ! Perhaps some brown underwear till you successfully learn to useproperly them would not go amiss . Talking of brown underwear I shall be wearing mine for the Manure game tonight !

*crap telly ad from the same time as "Nice One Cyril "

Heh! I know what cleats are, just never used them - virgin is right! I'll have a look around.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm - Kraft Triangles, that's made me a bit peckish

I
OP Offline
I
Good stuff Radders !
In the excitement of the start to the footy season, we totyally forget about LA VUELTA A ESPANA Looks like it's a dual between dodgy egg eater on his own turf Bert Leckymeter and Froome The latter must be knackered A good climb finish in the low mountains in Bilbao Good listening To Shaum Kelly but they should sack the posh English bloke , he's a crushing bore Bring back Scouse Phil !

Top work Toffees!

I
OP Offline
I
We wuz robbed shudda bin 5 nil ! This Toffee is still pinching himself my old Spud mate
Listen while I am here I'd like to throw a few things at you re Epica Rang the hotel to book no reply .The alternative is to doss at ours then catch the 7 15 train to Castel San Giovanni arriving 8 10 and 12k of flat road to cycle as oposed to the 8k from Piacenza I'll enter us beforehand so we've got nearly an hour and a half to get there If you prefer staying the night in Piacenza let me know To be honest I don't fancy carting the two bikes on me tod again Whatever you opt for I'll get your rail ticket off to you to save queuing at Milano Centrale Think it over , plenty of time Seen any Vuelta yet ?

I'm happy to crash at your gaff, or that monastery! That was brilliant that was!

Didn't see the match but did listen on the radio - you gave them quite a game!

I
OP Offline
I
OK got just over a month I watched the match at my mate Ettore's on Sky (I've turned him into a Toffee the one who came the Stoke match with me) Said it's the best Everton performance he's ever seen Fellaini wasimmense , can't see him sticking around Liverpool 4 As much as it grieves me to say it , he is destined for Real , Barça or Bayern
Anyway back to Epica to be bluntly honest ,I'm in favour of the shorter route simply because it will allow us to enjoy the post-race party and catch that stopping train As a cyclist I'd love to do the 105 k again I did it the first time I entered but I fear we'd arrive to find all the tables cleared and the vino drunk Whatever I'll stand by your decision We can do serious climbing up in the hills at the country gaff , Monday and Tuesday Have you found a steep section in London yet ?

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 08/21/12 09:29 AM.
Shorter route it is then! The only section I know in London is the one we discussed, but I’m looking around Highgate etc – that’s steep but it’s all either straight-up or straight down – there’s no gradients or hiding!

L’Vuelta – yep, been following it on ITV4, I’m so grateful to Wiggins et al – we’ve gone from zero to a dedicated cycling programme on Monday nights, Le Tour, Tour of Britain and highlights of L’Vuelta. Hopefully it’ll continue and we’l get the Giro next year.

I
OP Offline
I
Yikes ! I stand corrected

2012 Edition
Categories
1 - Breaking News (9)
Cyclists Piacenza .... (1)
Links and Reviews (1)
Bike Events Vintage (1)
Epic
Manifestation
Epic jersey Mini Epic About Us
Contacts
Staff
Logistics
Where we are Hospitality
Patrons & Sponsors
Patrons Main Sponsor Sponsor Technical Sponsors Organizers and Partners
Past Editions
Photo Issue 2008 Charts 2008 Edition 09 Awards Photo Issue 2009 Photo Issue 2010 2010 Edition Review Photo Album 2011
Piacenza cyclists of the past
Louis Maserati Paola Scotti Mario Gobbi Angelo Gaetano Politi Attilio Masarati Attilio Pavesi Guido Bernardi
Introduction
2012 Edition
Routes 2012
Registration On-Line
Registration 2012
Regulation 2012
Tag Cloud

. .

NEW '2012 edition: they were introduced, change the path in order to make more secure location, which is why the mileage of the route is substantially longer than in past editions diminution.
As anticipated the event will take place along three paths:

- Short Course - 65 Km, no particular difficulties in terms of altitude and the opportunity to test their skills in driving on dirt roads of the "lungotrebbia". Refreshments: ° to 23 kilometers (loc. Riverside) and 43 ° km (Loc Sarturano, Carthaginian site of the camp). .

- Long Route - 90 Km, is logically the most challenging of the three, and distance and altitude is considered advisable for experienced cyclists trained or otherwise. In addition to the roughness of the Trebia the path leads to a height of 500 m above sea level so you have to expect ups and downs typical of the Apennines. Refreshments in Ancaster Loc-Riverside, home of the camp and in Loc Sarturano Roman, Carthaginian site of the camp. .

- Tourist route - 30 miles, to everyone, even for non-members, represents the opportunity for a nice ride with a panoramic restaurant in Rivalta. .

Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
- Tourist route - 30 miles, to everyone, even for non-members, represents the opportunity for a nice ride with a panoramic restaurant in Rivalta. .

Think I'll gor for that one. Can I bring my trusty Colnago and a flask of milky tea?

Page 68 of 125 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.