Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43570 03/26/07 03:22 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Does anyone else remember John performing Burning Car on a Saturday morning kids' ITV show called The Fun Factory in 1980? I seem to recall that he sang it away from his keyboards but he had a seated female synth player. The show came from Liverpool and was on-air while Tiswas was having its summer break. It's main presenter was called Billy Butler, a favourite uncle type figure, so typical of kids' tv of the time, as opposed to today's favourite bouncy older brother or sister sorts. I can still remember my keen sense of expectation every time Billy said that John would be appearing later in the show!

#43571 03/26/07 05:56 PM
I do indeed! And it's on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOVVHQi_W1k

Enjoy! laugh

#43572 03/26/07 06:04 PM
Its a great piece of nostalgia that clip. Sadly we can only see it in grainy blurred form on youtube but maybe that gives it a charm. John performed mainly from behind a blind for that clip adding a bit of ailenation for the time.

#43573 03/26/07 06:49 PM
Hi
Just watched Burning Car on you tube. To be honest I have seen better quality recording of this track. In 1980 I would have been far too old to be watching Saturday morning TV. I never realised though that this video came from Fun Factory.
I know I've said this before but wouldn't it be great (I know it's a dream) to have all these video's official released on one DVD taken from the masters.
Regards
Peter

#43574 03/27/07 02:18 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for that Cerise. I also remember Jimmy Saville's cousin, who handled the pop part of the programme, who introduces John. smile

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.