Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:

And all of the versions of No-One Driving that I'm aware of are detailed here .
Looks like my No-One Driving singles collection is complete then!

Rob, don't forget to list the edited version that appears on my TOTP transcription disc? laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by MintyTux:
Wouldn't the "My Face Flexi" qualify as a single release too?
Maybe I'm being too pedantic?
Alex, if your gonna show a piccy of the My Face flexi it has to be shown still taped to the front cover of the appropriate issue of Smash Hits. Happy to oblige if you need a scan smile

(Nothing wrong with being a pedant wink )

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Lieutenant 030, that would be grand!

The flexi-disc AND Smash Hits - never seen the two together before.

So if you can send me a scan, there's an email link on the links page.

Much appreciated!

Yeah that would be fun. Also see what other articles / featured artists were in it.

L
L
Alex, you have post cool

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Great - thanks, I'll look out for it!

Been playing around with the biog page today...

Hi Alex.
Just read your updated biography. It sums up John musical career in a nutshell but without missing any vital points. I like the way you've arranged the text and the photo's.

Peter smile

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Peter smile

The text hasn't changed much since the old site - only a little editing and condensing and a new final paragraph.

Today's experiment was more about the layout and integrating pictures with text (or more specifically, trying to get captions in the right place!).

Lieutenant 030 - no mail as yet...

L
L
Message was stuck in my outbox. You should have it now.

Administrator
Administrator
I like the look of what you've done Alex, but I'd have to agree with and echo E.G .Ekin's comments.

Reproducing photos/factoids and saying 'courtesy of' in a general statement is not the same as having permission. I presume you have permission? - and if so, you should say so.

I hope it doesn't cause you any problems, but I think you need to acknowledge sources for each and every image/piece of information.

Perhaps you could consider making every reference to 'metamatic.com' a hyperlink to this site, especially as you link to your site from here?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Lieutenant 030 - your scan is up in the Metamatic singles page. How do you want acknowledging?

Broken links on Gem's three Ultravox! pages, are now fixed :-)

Credits and copyright is an ongoing issue, which I'm more than aware of, but where an image on my site is credited - permission has been given to me in writing.

Perhaps it may be better (and certainly space saving) to say "credit: or photo:...

At the same time, I'm not going to compromise the design of my site by including a credit with every image, when the majority of them belong to John Foxx - hence the statement on every page - which now includes a link to this site on Martin's recommendation smile . There's also a "Thanks to" on the links page, which will expand over time - a bit like the last page of a book where you see the contributors and photographers credited.

However some of the images, for example, the ones used in the three blocks on the tops of pages, are over 25 years old, which is the minimum copyright duration for photographic works.

At the same time it may not be possible or easy to trace an image's origin. Given that I'm reproducing the said images with the same intent as their original purpose; ie, promoting the artist in question, then I certainly don't feel I'm doing any harm. As my statement suggests, no infringement is intended, and if somebody contacted me via the site and asked to be credited, I would be very happy to do so.

But, until there's either a huge clampdown on the masses of uncredited images reproduced on Facebook or MySpace fan pages, or I get an irate phonecall from Rob, I believe I'm working in John's best interest as a means of helping enhance is online presence.

I suppose, technically I don't even have John's personal permission to reproduce any of this stuff, so if I start taking stuff off, then I'll have a black site with just text, and it would all have been a waste of time! wink

There is one photo that I really would like clearance for, but is proving hard to source, and that is the Metamatic-era shot of John walking out of the subway. It's a very significant image, hence my keeping it on the site, but it's now the odd one out on the discography page in terms of credit.

And likewise with the No-One Driving/Modern Art images of John with the tubes - if anybody knows who took these, I'm more than happy to credit the photographer where relevant, although I'm yet to see the same images credited on other sites.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.