Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I'm sad I had to ditch the rollovers in the disgography frown

When I have more time, I may reintroduce small album cover icons, perhaps in rows of 3 rather than 2, although that would mean redesigning every page to accommodate a wider section, unless they are really tiny. I reluctantly opted for text only for ease of updates, plus with the rollover icons growing, my site was gradually becoming slower and slower to work with.

It's John's fault! Too many new releases!! laugh

Too many releases Alex laugh laugh Never

Just visited and read your updates for Quiet City. Although I miss the little icons I can fully understand your reason for using text.

Your reviews for Glimmer, Impossible and Nuero Video and nicely summed up in a nutshell.

Quiet City is an outstanding tribute to John solo career and his career with Louis. You've put a lot of time and effirt into Quiet City and it looks very professional. smile

Peter

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
I have just uploaded my review of the Quiet Man in Leeds, with photos (courtesy of our very own Brian).

Someone almost there...

Thanks for the excellent review Alex. And thank you Brian for the photos. Enjoyed both immensely.

Administrator
Administrator
Nice touch Alex - thanks.

I'm interested in the connection you've identified between 'A Man made of Shadows' and 'Tiny Colour Movies'?

How do you see that working?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Nice link between Quiet City and The Quiet Man. A feeling of deja-vu I guess. wink

Chris

Great review Alex.

Like the Quitecity makeover as well laugh

Great stuff.

Brian

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Nice touch Alex - thanks.

I'm interested in the connection you've identified between 'A Man made of Shadows' and 'Tiny Colour Movies'?

How do you see that working?
When I saw John perform TCM at the Leeds Film festival last year, there was a short non-album film called "A Man Made of Shadows".

The same footage was used during the film of the same name on Friday - obviously more clips of the same kind; mostly black and white, 50s Americana type stuff. Cities, headlights, smart suits, an elusive woman and a mysterious central character whose face we almost see.

I think perhaps this was originally a new piece developed for TCM, but it seems to have evolved into part of the Quiet Man project.

As I said in my review, this project seems to bring all of John's film and music work together - the Quiet Man connected at some point to every aspect of his work.

Fascinating stuff.

Nice review thanks Alex

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
www.quietcity.co.uk

To coincide with John's latest and up coming releases, I have completely redesigned my Quiet City website.

This has also been a personal exercise for me as it is the first time I have built a site using Dreamweaver and Flash. I hope this will make it more robust and reliable in any platform and browser (tests so far have been successful...). But there may still be clunky bits or things which don't quite work, so if you come across something, let me know as it all looks fine at my end!

It has been designed however, for best viewing on a screen resolution of 1024 or greater, and you'll need the latest Flash player for the homepage.

There have been a few changes... The 'Camera' section is no more (any future picture galleries will go in the Plaza section), and I have also removed the archive - at least for now.

I have just added a page for My Lost City and all being well, should have a new interview coming soon.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.