Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 65 of 125 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 124 125
Hiya Ivan,

No – don’t worry! I’m still looking into various options; trains, ‘planes, hovercraft etc. There’s a new Will Fotheringham book out – Merckx: Half Man, Half Bike which I might make a pre-Tour read, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I’m keeping a look out for the Giro Souvenir Pack – which should be out in the next few weeks!

I
OP Offline
I
Morning Radders wherever you may be ! Still lost in France like Bonnie Tyler*
Got loads of cycling in in th hills plus a 10k vineyard race well knackered but happy Anyway as Tony Hadley* once famously opined "To cut a long short" I didn't lose my mind but an inner tube On buying replacements this morning I chanced upon a flyer for this int' bike shop A mini Epica no less about 25k down the road from the country gaff ! Seriously thinking of getting my/your trusty Bianchi out of the cellar and doing it
Enjoy (The visuals at least . no English as far as I can make out )

http://www.lacampionissima.it/index_file/Page746.htm

*Editor's voice "Steady on Ivan , you've made two musical references in one post there You are slipping up !"

I
OP Offline
I
Kinell Radler , we both stunk the gaff out ! Much as it hurts me I'll be a chav for the day on 5 May Then again I'll probably just get on me bike and give the whole thing a wide berth !

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 04/15/12 07:01 PM.
Lost in France alright – deep in the Loire Valley, seven days of wine, Moogs, summer and song…and then THAT.

FFS

Just doesn’t cut it. Thing is, I should be absolutely enraged, but – I knew it was coming. Well, I imagined a 2-1 score in Chelsea’s favour. “Fine, we lose, concentrate on the league etc etc.” blahblahblah. But I didn’t expect that. Blimey.

So. I’m officially ignoring football for the time being and luckily the Giro is just around the corner to take my mind off things.

Lacampionissima – can’t see the link here, but will look when I get home; when is it?

I
OP Offline
I
Good timomg just logged on myself La Campionissima irony of ironies the day after what should have been our collective Cup Final, vintage bikes and gravel tracks yet again
I'm still distraught from Saturday's fiasco we might as well have put Scott Walker in centre- mid !

... erm, somebody mention FA Cup?

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: MemberD

... erm, somebody mention FA Cup?

Membs much as it grieves me I'll be your fellow Chav by default ( in spirit at least as I won't be watching it)on 5th May I'll fess up , I'll even come across to Ferrara to take part in your combined -harvester- led victory calvacade ! That's how disillusioned and embittered I am

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 04/16/12 10:25 AM.
'Arry's Sandra would've done a better job for our lot.

I
OP Offline
I
Well in The Toffs ! Splendid performance
Thank you Baggy Brian for making a special day even better Uncle Woy must feel really vindicated after his undeserved shabby treatment on the dark side of Merseyside
Radders Chin up mate As PHD opined in their autumn 82 chart topper "We won't let you down " we'll do The Barcodes for you at GP Don't let yourselves down ! I flew back for our last game at GP against the obese bear .chested shoe-wavers in 2004 David Wear's solitary goal ensured us 4th place and CL !!!

Cheers Ivan.

I wouldn't thank us too soon.We can still make 7th if you slip up.:-)

I'm sure Uncle Woy will find revenge is sweet if we finish above Liverpool.

We had a lot of luck today but we also know how to park the bus.

Obi Roy Kenobi may well have said to Liverpool if you strike me down,I will only become more powerful and today it seems to have happened.

Brian Baggy

Page 65 of 125 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.