Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 64 of 125 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 124 125
begrudging congrats guv! grin

Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
begrudging congrats guv! grin

mmmmppphhh..
cool

I
OP Offline
I
Your lot could be getting 3 unexpected points tomorrow Bri I reckon our lot bigged it up Tuesday after reaching the -final at TSFKARokerPark and will be wearing dark glasses tomorrow

Roy Hodson , usually so erudite will simply give his team talk thus "Fire long range shots , if they are on target they'll go in cos Howard's shite " Expect our "Custodian" to be on the Anne Robinson quiz show anytime soon

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 03/30/12 03:53 PM.
Nah!,every time Manu beat us we take about 4 games to start winning again.
Another 3 points for ya Ivan:-(

I
OP Offline
I
GAZZA to reiterate what we said by text Great weekend with us both winning and our respective RS being put to the sword Still laughing over faux hardman Reina ! Piss.poor marking by The Swans for the two headed goals mind
TOUR OF FLANDERS Started yesterday The Swines have only gone and removed one of the best climbs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muur_van_Geraardsbergen Boooooo !
Some serious climbing for me in the hills yesterday
Less than 6 months to L'Epica now Contact your soigneur immediately !

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 04/02/12 06:59 AM.
I
OP Offline
I
Surprised mate I was expecting an nil nil draw or even for your lot to nick it one nil Good results in as much that it makes us number one team on Merseyside (For the time being at least)
I've thought of a brilliant plan Let's swop Scharner for Anichebe I don't rate either but the Austrian with the multi- coloured barnet has scored about 97 at least against us over the last few seasons Whilst big Vic does absolutely nothing except score against The Baggies (Plus one belter against FC1 Nuremburg in Germany which I was lucky enough to witness in the flesh) I reckon they'd just start scoring own goals as its in their genes to score against EFC/WBA respectively !

Cheers for the link – I can’t see why they removed it or the reason for the change. Hmmm.

Yes! With apologies to Brian, it was a great weekend for football! We’re level with the Gooners now and Adebayor got us there! Ha! The big surprise for me was the Woolwich Wanderers slipping against QPR – that was probably the incentive my lot needed. That and having Lennon back again. Next week they’ve got Citeh and we’ve Sunderland – as long as we don’t let Crouchy score another wonder goal we should be okay (I hope).

Sorry to read about the passing of Giorgio Chinaglia this morning. Admittedly, not one of footballs most likeable people if the book and film Once In A Lifetime are anything to go by ( - the story of the New York Cosmos, not the Talking Heads song), but his Welsh Italian accent did always make me smile!

Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
Surprised mate I was expecting an nil nil draw or even for your lot to nick it one nil Good results in as much that it makes us number one team on Merseyside (For the time being at least)
I've thought of a brilliant plan Let's swop Scharner for Anichebe I don't rate either but the Austrian with the multi- coloured barnet has scored about 97 at least against us over the last few seasons Whilst big Vic does absolutely nothing except score against The Baggies (Plus one belter against FC1 Nuremburg in Germany which I was lucky enough to witness in the flesh) I reckon they'd just start scoring own goals as its in their genes to score against EFC/WBA respectively !

Nah,hands off Professor Scharns. grin

Funny old footy weekend with loads of teams fighting amongst themselves.MOTD was amusing.

Brian

Hiya Ivan,

Just looking into Operation ‘Bianchi bundling back to Blighty’ for September. Here’s some info I’ve found on taking bikes by train to Italy (although, like Miss World, I’ll be doing this in reverse order…)

Taking bikes by train to Italy

You can reach Italy by taking Eurostar to Paris, cross Paris, then take the daily Thello sleeper train from Paris to Milan, Verona or Venice, or one of three daily daytime TGV trains from Paris to Turin and Milan. Timetables, fares & how to buy tickets for this journey are shown on the UK-Italy page. However, bikes are not carried on either the Paris-Italy Thello sleeper train or the Paris-Milan TGV trains, except unofficially as carry-on luggage in zip-up bike bags. If you take a bike on the Paris-Italy overnight trains in a zip-up bike bag, I'd suggest booking a whole compartment (in other words, both beds in a 2-bed, or all 4 berths in a 4-berth) rather than impose your bike on fellow passengers in a shared compartment.

The route via Switzerland isn't much better for bikes. Bikes are not carried on the tilting EuroCity trains between Zurich and Milan, either, although reports suggest they may be taken on the Geneva to Milan trains.

Once in Italy, bikes can travel on any train if they are semi-dismantled and placed in zip-up bike bags, or they can travel in the luggage van on most local & regional trains for a 3.50 euros 'bici in segito' bicycle pass (valid for 24 hours after stamping at the platform entrance). They can also travel in the bike spaces on a few InterCity & EuroCity trains for a bicycle supplement of 5 euros, but not on high-speed Eurostar Italia AV or Eurostar City trains. The local, regional, InterCity & EuroCity trains on which bikes can be taken are indicated with a bike symbol in the timetables (use www.trenitalia.com, make a journey enquiry, then select a train and click 'details by selection'). Bear in mind that it can take some ingenuity to get from (say) Milan to Rome by local or regional trains, often involving breaking the journey into short sections.

http://www.seat61.com/bike-by-train.htm#Italy

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach

Hiya Ivan,

Just looking into Operation ‘Bianchi bundling back to Blighty’ for September. Here’s some info I’ve found on taking bikes by train to Italy (although, like Miss World, I’ll be doing this in reverse order…)

Taking bikes by train to Italy

You can reach Italy by taking Eurostar to Paris, cross Paris, then take the daily Thello sleeper train from Paris to Milan, Verona or Venice, or one of three daily daytime TGV trains from Paris to Turin and Milan. Timetables, fares & how to buy tickets for this journey are shown on the UK-Italy page. However, bikes are not carried on either the Paris-Italy Thello sleeper train or the Paris-Milan TGV trains, except unofficially as carry-on luggage in zip-up bike bags. If you take a bike on the Paris-Italy overnight trains in a zip-up bike bag, I'd suggest booking a whole compartment (in other words, both beds in a 2-bed, or all 4 berths in a 4-berth) rather than impose your bike on fellow passengers in a shared compartment.

The route via Switzerland isn't much better for bikes. Bikes are not carried on the tilting EuroCity trains between Zurich and Milan, either, although reports suggest they may be taken on the Geneva to Milan trains.

Once in Italy, bikes can travel on any train if they are semi-dismantled and placed in zip-up bike bags, or they can travel in the luggage van on most local & regional trains for a 3.50 euros 'bici in segito' bicycle pass (valid for 24 hours after stamping at the platform entrance). They can also travel in the bike spaces on a few InterCity & EuroCity trains for a bicycle supplement of 5 euros, but not on high-speed Eurostar Italia AV or Eurostar City trains. The local, regional, InterCity & EuroCity trains on which bikes can be taken are indicated with a bike symbol in the timetables (use www.trenitalia.com, make a journey enquiry, then select a train and click 'details by selection'). Bear in mind that it can take some ingenuity to get from (say) Milan to Rome by local or regional trains, often involving breaking the journey into short sections.

http://www.seat61.com/bike-by-train.htm#Italy

Just read this Radler and my initial gut reaction is to take the train out (Provided it's not to exorbitant) and fly back with BA to Heathrow I'll get you a bike -carrier bag as an early Crimbo pressie I think they'd carry the velocipede for about 30 snots Well has your soigneur given you a plan ? I'm currently reading "Tour de Force ": Daniel Coyle. A surprisingly pleasant read given that it's all about Lance Armstrong ! I've got a sneaking admiration for the way he tricked Jan "Fatty Arbuckle" Ullrich over and over again and not just ont' bike . htwo people who kept him awake at night though where both Ivans , my illustrious namesake and the Basque climber Mayo .

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 04/04/12 05:09 PM.
Page 64 of 125 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.