Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 710 of 753 1 2 708 709 710 711 712 752 753
Originally Posted By: Mr.Ilektrik
Gazelle Twin - 'The Entire City'

First listen, bang on target.

I could feel it in my solar plexus.

She is a resonator

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Note to self: get this album!

Meanwhile - it's Stereolab; Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage in the Milky Night and Saint Etienne; Good Humor

No music today ... I believe it was Kraftwerk who used to have a "no music" day once a week. I wonder if that is possible now?

Originally Posted By: MemberD
No music today ... I believe it was Kraftwerk who used to have a "no music" day once a week. I wonder if that is possible now?

Nice to meet another John Cage fan.

Originally Posted By: RadioBeach

Nice to meet another John Cage fan.

Ha! My attempt failed miserably of course....listened to most of the 6Music show ith Foxxy in the middle.

I
I

Music is not all it's cracked up to be Membs I quite often have two or three non music days a week unless you count the shite I'm accosted with in local Emporia I was subjected to an Italian version of TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART BONNIE TYLER The welsh songstress must be turning in her grave (presuming she's dead) it was J Arthur Rank I'm not violent by nature but I suddenly had this urge to seek out Nec and Laura Pausini and beat them to a pulp with an iron bar I'd had one of Morrisey's retiring Buddhist's moment Guess I'd just end up in Strangeways tho WHO SAID I'D LIE TO HER !!!

Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso

Music is not all it's cracked up to be Membs I quite often have two or three non music days a week unless you count the shite I'm accosted with in local Emporia I was subjected to an Italian version of TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART BONNIE TYLER The welsh songstress must be turning in her grave (presuming she's dead) it was J Arthur Rank I'm not violent by nature but I suddenly had this urge to seek out Nec and Laura Pausini and beat them to a pulp with an iron bar I'd had one of Morrisey's retiring Buddhist's moment Guess I'd just end up in Strangeways tho WHO SAID I'D LIE TO HER !!!

Nek's "version" of Total Eclipse even got slagged off on X-Factor! There was a much better (English) version done by the lovely lady runner-up Antonella.

Anyway speaking of Italianates, I'm off to listen to Giorgio Moroder's early works .. Kraftwerk would've been *nothing* without him..and neither would Chicory Tip!

http://youtu.be/vz1D9OP8agw

Yellow Magic Orchestra.

Kraftwerk 2

Pet Shop Boys Format

T
T
Chromatics "Night Drive" - excellent, shades of "Seventeen Seconds" Cure near the start then drifts via "Running Up That Hill" cover to goodness knows where - trance is a dirty word these days but I'd say it ends up at trance.

Soft Metals "Soft Metals" - also excellent, reminded me of early nineties house/techno in places. But with actual songs.

David Lynch "Crazy Clown Time" - also excellent. Much of the time his voice reminds me of Neil Young, which is rarely a bad thing. A bit twisted in places, but what would you expect?

Page 710 of 753 1 2 708 709 710 711 712 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.