Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
One of John's various Facebook profiles mentioned yesterday that they might consider releasing a standard CD edition - ie normal packaging and just the Shape of Things (no bonus disc), but if they do, it won't be until next year.

Ordered mine.

It's also the first album (excluding compilations) to feature John in the artwork since............

.....In Mysterious Ways?!

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Alex S
It's also the first album (excluding compilations) to feature John in the artwork since............

.....In Mysterious Ways?!

What about My Lost City and The Quiet Man?

Rob

Oh... you might be right! Though I haven't got The Quiet Man, but I'm going to have to check the booklet in My Lost City....

Still upset could,nt make the london shows,this release will make it a little better ordered.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Third time through this album, and it intrigues me more each time.

I've just described Falling Away as 'Confusion Blues', which is a phrase I'm dead pleased with.
So far I think it's the stand out track, along with Modreno that comes immediately before it. As I listen to that, i can see the camera scanning round the recently discovered, partially overgrown doll factory at Kings Cross. Mannequins lying all over the place in the dust. All painted with the faces of lovers referred to in The Shape Of Things, and a few snatches of lyrics written in biro on the walls.

We'll never leave here, never.
Let's stay in here for ever.

Just occasionally, it's pure and good and right to see that John Foxx hasn't moved on at all smile

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Good album,has already had several plays with no use of the skip button. Spirus has a Hendrix sound to it.

I had a few listens to this album and have to say it is great!
It grows on me from listen to listen. The stand out track for me is Talk.
I love this dark track.Would be interesting to hear it live one day!

This album is a nice follow up to Interplay. The second CD is an interesting bonus though I prefer the originals to the remixes. Outstanding track is the Tara Busch colaboration.

Thanks to John and Benge for these two great album's!

From Belbury blog :

Shape of Things / Summerland plug plus...

Quote:
Meanwhile work continues on the forthcoming collaboration between Belbury Poly, The Advisory circle and John Foxx. More news on this very exciting project early next year.

link

cool

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.