Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Loving this new album - today the remix of "The Good Shadow" is the object of my aural obsession. Great booklet as well, I am q follower of Ed Fielding and really like his work. After talking to Benge when I went to photograph his studio last month, I've been looking at the work of Jonathon Barnbrook - very interesting stuff I have to say. I like the way all these differnt artists have come together for the album artwork.

@Brian: the lover or the CR78? Perhaps a small sweepstake should be set up for that one - my fiver will be on the CR78 :-)

Given it a few listens and the stand-out vocal track for me is
"Falling Away" which sounds like a revived long-lost Metamatic demo, with distorted guitar over the top.

Also love the Tara busch track, but wonder why it was shoved in with the remixes on disc two. Mysterious ways.

I wondered also about the Tara Busch one as it is a very strong track - would make a good single.

Any news yet as to when this will be available for those not able to get to the tour

I had to leave at 1145pm so very disappointed to have missed out on this CD

Originally Posted By: Alex S
I'm surprised by how few comments there have been on it's actual content - which I think is very good! I would think after the London gigs, most folk here will have heard it by now.

If/when I'm granted the opportunity to buy this album I'll be sure to comment on it.

Is it my imagination or is John's vocal on this album probably the best it's ever been on a recording?

eBay has two of these sets from the gigs, one last night went for £56! Will the Shape Of Things ever get a general release?

I'm getting annoyed with people's antics on eBay, two bids on two different sellers cancelled, when I asked why only one has responded that someone asked for a buy it now price......grrrr

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
As I understand it,The Shape Of Things will shortly be available via Townsend, the John Foxx official online store.

Probably won't cost anywhere near £56.00... smile

I left the gig early too and in my haste forgot to pick up a copy too!!

Last edited by Birdsong; 10/30/11 10:38 AM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.