Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Metamatic / Underpass is a staple of Foxx gigs and it wouldn't be the same with out these 'hooks'. Many people go to the shows because these are the only songs they know.

Make a note to stand close to the bar so you can buy a round when these tracks come on ;D

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I don't drink at gigs, so I'll just have to put up with them! wink

It wasn't a "complaint" as such, as I love those tracks and they're amazing live - I guess I was just hoping for a bit more variety given the breadth of John's discography. Although I suspect the absence of any Foxx/Gordon tracks is deliberate, because Louis isn't there to play his tracks and they were more digital.

Anyway, I don't doubt the setlist will evolve throughout the tour.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I didn't say you had to drink - just that you could buy the round ;-D

Yes - I expect the list will evolve, but that'll more likely be in running order than content.
Although it is quite a long setlist at the moment, so who knows.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Originally Posted By: Alex S
Anyway, I don't doubt the setlist will evolve throughout the tour.

I think that's quite a fascinating aspect, it would be great to view the evolution of a tour first-hand, not something I'd ever be able to/or do, but I'll be checking Brigid's blog with interest to see an audience members personal account from town to town. I wonder if any forum members are off to Poland?

Originally Posted By: MemberD
I like that Evergreen was followed by No One Driving as I'd often noticed a certain similarity..were they 'segued' into each other in any way??).

There was a clear break between each and every track (I did notice John seemed to be turning a page over at the end of each song, but I couldn't quite see what was going on).

Last edited by MikeG; 10/14/11 07:18 PM.
F
F
So, back after a small pause.
Great to see the video's and photographs! Thanks to all smile

B
B
Thanks, Mark for posting the link to my blog. And thanks everyone for the nice comments on the first review--I haven't had a chance to directly respond, as I've been running from one side of England to the other (almost literally, to judge by how my feet feel today) for the last two days. It was good to meet Mr. Ilektrik, Quiet Trees, and Ken H. at the gig--the more, the merrier!

I'm hoping that subsequent reviews will be as timely (i.e., right after the shows), but that will be proportional to the hour I return to my room, and the amount of alcohol ingested during the evening. wink

V
V

F
F
Maybe I missed it but is any of the concerts being recorded for future cd / dvd release? smile
Counting down! \o/

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Super casual portrait of John Foxx And The Maths

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.