Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
It's just been announced that John Foxx and The Maths will be playing at in the Sinners Day festival in Belgium on October 20th

http://www.sinnersday.com/

Patti Smith, Blancmange, Psychedelic Furs, Karl Bartos and Visage also on the bill

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Originally Posted By: Birdsong
It's just been announced that John Foxx and The Maths will be playing at in the Sinners Day festival in Belgium on October 20th

http://www.sinnersday.com/

Patti Smith, Blancmange, Psychedelic Furs, Karl Bartos and Visage also on the bill

..nice little resumé here

Originally Posted By: Alex S
Haha. What were you doing to find that?! Not sure the whole burning building thing will be a good marketing tactic though...

LOL .. I have a daily Google alert thing for "John Foxx" and it just came up.

Anyway when he's not building or making music in London, our Foxxy gets about a lot, and is also "lovin' Dallas" too by the way.. he's just "gotta say" that .. it's taken years off him too by the looks ..
keep playin' those i93 hits John!

Got my ticket today for teh 25th October (London) - anyone else going?

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I'll be in London for the next one , on 27th.

I want to see the exhibition too, and I don't think that starts until 26th

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I deliberately went for the 25th so that I could catch Tara Busch as support - I am beguiled by the voice of this little American lady. The new E.P. "The Rocket Wife" is simply brilliant.

C
C
Originally Posted By: Geigertek
I deliberately went for the 25th so that I could catch Tara Busch as support

Wish she was supporting John further north. My ticket just says 'John Foxx' (no Maths mentioned). I wonder who the support act is for the Glasgow gig?

N
N
Originally Posted By: core memory
I deliberately went for the 25th so that I could catch Tara Busch as support

Wish she was supporting John further north. My ticket just says 'John Foxx' (no Maths mentioned). I wonder who the support act is for the Glasgow gig?

It was announced that she was supporting the whole tour, plus in the latest Arches gig guide that they sent me in the mail she is listed as support, so don't fret smile

C
C
Originally Posted By: numan-chris
It was announced that she was supporting the whole tour, plus in the latest Arches gig guide that they sent me in the mail she is listed as support, so don't fret smile

cheers Chris, I missed that news, though as I'm at work that day the pressures now on to get across to the gig in time for the support!

I am beguiled by the voice of this little American lady. The new E.P. "The Rocket Wife" is simply brilliant.

I've listened to her myspace and decided to buy her Pilfershire Lane album. Some tracks (online at least) seem to be a headphones-on experience for me, subtle sounds and voices in the background with a 'floaty' attitude to the psychedelic nature of the album, and a compass tone set more to the dark than to the light. Presently the album is at a bargain price on amazonUK- £4.01...

Interesting clip here to watch, Tara meets TED:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-g5CCpYeSM

(incidentally, isn't it time that our John met TED?)

Good share Core Memory - great clip. The more I see and hear of this lady, the more fascinating she and her material become. Great performer and recording artist. Look forward to seeing what Tara and the Foxxter come up with between them.

Last edited by Geigertek; 09/16/11 07:21 PM.
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.