Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 59 of 753 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Jazz:
Well today I went 'retro' in a very real sense. Been listening to Satchmo and Ella Fitzgerald ' Porgy and Bess'. Don't let anyone say that we don't all listen to a wide variety of music on this forum laugh
Glad to see I am not the only one that sometimes reaches way back. I recommend Miss Holiday when you are next feeling "retro" .

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I rediscovered "Ariel" the other day... nice album, despite being long...
It is nice but a bit too long. It would be good to hear Kate go back to Piano and 'Rock' for a while, like her eary years.

P.S. Sorry about the Erasure album evryone, but in my defence i must point out it features Vince Clark and synths. wink ..

well the thought of Vince Clarke and Synths is better than Vince Clarke and tight lycra

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
[QUOTE] when you are next feeling "retro" .
It doesn't get much more retro than this stuff:

http://checkthecoolwax.blogspot.com/

I listen to this kind of thing all the time.
Well, not ALL the time, literally of course.
That would be silly. wink

There are skwillions of 'vintage' songs, movies and cartoon stuff here. I have posted similar link here:

http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000080

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Took a quick look just now.
Fantastic ..love the vintage Christmas pics/albums especially.

Thanks for the link!!

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Jazz:
[b] Well today I went 'retro' in a very real sense. Been listening to Satchmo and Ella Fitzgerald ' Porgy and Bess'. Don't let anyone say that we don't all listen to a wide variety of music on this forum laugh
Glad to see I am not the only one that sometimes reaches way back. I recommend Miss Holiday when you are next feeling "retro" . [/b]
I love Miss Holiday, as well as the inimitable Django Reinhardt and Robert Johnson. I don't mind listening to 'remastered' 78's, but listening to Scott Joplin via the medium of the Edison cylinder is as far back as I've gone retro-wise, I don't want to repeat the experience laugh

You heard the legend that Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil.

I
I
Camel Moon Madness

Right now right here playing YMO's Technodon. Before that, David Bowie's Heathen & Reality (another old foxx who can't stop making good music). During last weeks, lots of Moon Cakes - a Finnish hidden gem that published five great pop albums between 1991-2001.

Gary Numan & Ade Fenton - The Leather Sea.

Before that it was Mike Oldfield's Songs of Distant Earth

Page 59 of 753 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.