Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
B
B
Great photo--someone caught them all in the same room at the same time! (That's rare, believe me...)

Some excellent ones on Ed Fieldings flickr page:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edfielding/sets/72157627974622138/

This is my fave:

(reproduction not allowed, so click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/edfielding/6277668137/in/set-72157627974622138 )

Taken in York

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
It's a superb picture of the band.

Right, it's a this point that I drop in a huge THANK YOU to everyone that is posting links in this thread and the gig-specific ones. It's working very well, and saving me a bucketload of time pulling all the bits and bobs together.

It's really feeling now that this forum is coming to life in the participatory way that I envisaged, which bodes well for the rest of the website we are re-developing.
I've always wanted this site to be a kind of anchor, a base point to which everything else is linked and connected. We can't possibly hope to keep up with all the social media etc, but by taking on the role of some sort of conduit, we will maintain an archive of all that buzzes and flickers around us.

There's some super stuff out there - fan reviews, blogs, pictures etc. Distilling the Foxx experience will prove quite fun when the storm settles post tour, but I am so looking forward to that.

All good things - keep it coming! laugh

Last edited by Birdsong; 10/26/11 04:10 PM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Cheers Martin,

I still have quite a bit of stuff to upload.

Hope to get it all up soon.

Brian

I havent been able to get used to this new site at all. I really dont like it. I might even go as far to say that I hate it (sorry). Somehow it just seems much more complicated. All over the place. This is the first time I have posted and in fact in spite of the new album and the tour I come here much less. Face book seems to be a much better to get info....Sorry once again....

Originally Posted By: Furniture
I havent been able to get used to this new site at all. I really dont like it. I might even go as far to say that I hate it (sorry). Somehow it just seems much more complicated. All over the place. This is the first time I have posted and in fact in spite of the new album and the tour I come here much less. Face book seems to be a much better to get info....Sorry once again....

I imagine you're referring to the forum Furniture. Yes, others have expressed difficulties elsewhere too.
I'm not getting the e-mail notifications even though I always tick the 'subscribe' box. Frustrating!

I have a number of comments, though all this ought to me moved to a 'forum suggestions' kind of thread...

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
There is a thread for 'How do you use this forum?' in which this should be discussed.
Suggestions are very welcome!

http://www.metamatic.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1787/How_do_you_use_the_forum#Post1787

It's taken Rob and I some time to get used to the new software from UBB and to adapt it to do what we want to do. I realise there are still some features missing etc and it may be that we can work out how to re-instate them if we know what people like (or don't like)

We can't promise, as it is a minefield of complications (that's 'upgrades' for you) and we are not entirely used to it ourselves yet!

Mx

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
John Foxx & The Maths October 2011 Tour Collection

All of my sets from gigs organised into 1 collection

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mateybloke/collections/72157627987995888/

Brian

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.