Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 753 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 752 753
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
well ... virgin is jus' milkin' the fans & especially the collectors again, so ... "business as usual" ! :-/
How can this package be bad value when it retails at less than £10.00 when DVDs on their own usually retail at double that? Admittedly, the audio disc is the same as the previous edition, but at least the record company have made the Drury Lane live footage available.

Rob

The Archive
The Archive
Anyhow, back to the topic. Today I have mostly been listening to Tangerine Dream - specifically Pergamon, Exit and White Eagle. wink

Rob

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
How can this package be bad value when it retails at less than £10.00 when DVDs on their own usually retail at double that?
of course , u are right about the price , rob !

i'm the idiot here ... as i was stupid enough to buy the remastered edition of that cd jus' about 3 years ago & now have it spare ... & CAN'T even sell it for more than a euro to anybody , who's not also such an idiot like me - d'oh ! :-o

after all , it's all my very own fault , of course ! :-/

p. s. : it should be forbidden to re-release remastered cds more than once a decade - seriously !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
back on topic now ... i'm currently listening to the wonderful music of JULIA KENT @ http://www.myspace.com/julia_kent again ! :-)

Quote:
Quote:
[b] How can this package be bad value when it retails at less than £10.00 when DVDs on their own usually retail at double that?
of course , u are right about the price , rob !

i'm the idiot here ... as i was stupid enough to buy the remastered edition of that cd jus' about 3 years ago & now have it spare ... & CAN'T even sell it for more than a euro to anybody , who's not also such an idiot like me - d'oh ! :-o

after all , it's all my very own fault , of course ! :-/
[/b]
Awww, I think you're being a little hard on yourself there Olaf. But, even with the extra of the DVD included for less than a price of a round of drinks, you're not tempted to buy it then, no?

Quote:
p. s. : it should be forbidden to re-release remastered cds more than once a decade - seriously !
Why only ten years? I know you're against record companies 'fleecing' fans, but surely if you want re-releases of re-mastered CDs forbidden, the argument should be for a lifetime ban and not a set number of years?

eek

EG

For me, also going back on topic, today is the remastered edition of Ultravox 'Rage In Eden'.

I'm listening to Mesh... a favourite band of mine for a few years now. Criminally underrated in the UK.

I've just finished playing We Collide and now it's a combination of Original 93-91, In This Place Forever and the excellent Point at Which it Falls Apart.

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
[QUOTE]How can this package be bad value when it retails at less than £10.00 when DVDs on their own usually retail at double that?
And of course, there's no obligation to actually buy it.
Even re-issues every year don't come with a compulsory purchase order… :p :rolleyes:

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh dear ... i better stop posting anything here that anybody could see as a kind of criticism in any way , because i've quite obviously opened "pandora's box" ( which is not on that o.m.d. album btw ;-) here & certain people already start getting @ me for it ! *sigh*

SORRY for being so "unnecessary" critical here , folx ! :-o

well ... as i already wrote before : in the end it's ALL my fault , of course ! :-/

are u happy now !? :-o

I
I
"The Sound of Water" St Etienne . Enchanting throughout . La Cracknell is awesome on the stunningly beautiful "The way we used to live" . On a par with the title track from "The Garden" . Both end in birdsong .

Page 52 of 753 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.