Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I agree. I really hope there are some unreleased songs lurking about. Same for TPOE, although John once told me that many tracks from those sessions did go into Crash & Burn.

I see it a positive sign that both albums will be a 2cd set. wink

H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
I see it a positive sign that both albums will be a 2cd set. wink
Isn't it more likely that the second CD in each case would be an interview disc?

Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
Quote:
[b] I see it a positive sign that both albums will be a 2cd set. wink
Isn't it more likely that the second CD in each case would be an interview disc? [/b]
Why? The recent re-issues of Metamatic, The Garden and The Golden Section had no interview discs

Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
Quote:
[b] I see it a positive sign that both albums will be a 2cd set. wink
Isn't it more likely that the second CD in each case would be an interview disc? [/b]
Certainly possible, but concidering 'Sideways' will be given a single cd release soon, to give it 'stand alone album status', it would be odd to then release established albums with an interview cd.

P
P
Six years later and no one talked about the actual release?! Let me say that I finally saw a copy for sale in Amoeba Hollywood last year and bought it. That it was used soothed the cost of buying it twice. I had the original "Shifting City,"Exotour" EP and "Subterranean Omnidelic Exotour" CD so the sole new track here was "Shadow Man [early mono mix]" but wow… what a difference! I think I much prefer the demo to the final product. Any chance we could hear the rest of John's demos to that album?

I'm still waiting for the From Trash 2CD set ...@...@...@

T
T
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
I'm still waiting for the From Trash 2CD set ...@...@...@

Definitely - whatever happened to that one? I have given up waiting so have finally compiled a playlist of the extra tracks from the others. I am tantalisingly close to hearing them for the first time! (Good grief ...)

F
F
Originally Posted By: postpunkmonk
Any chance we could hear the rest of John's demos to that album?

You can, it's called "Electrofear" by Nation 12 wink

F
F
Just wanted to say, I was listening to "Haunted" today, which is an extra track on the Sideways 2CD re-issue (of 2010) - I'm sure I must've heard it back in 2010 when I got the reissue, but I'd forgotten all about it. It's lovely!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.