Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
I'm probably being a little selfish here but why are John and Louis only doing ONE UK live show in 2008?

I would love to go and I do usually make the effort to travel. I'm from Edinburgh and have seen John and Louis several times in London, Nottingham & Manchester over the past 2 or 3 years but this one is on a Thursday night, not exactly ideal for anyone outside of London who need to travel is it?

It's just a shame a show could not have been fitted in in or around Manchester even over a weekend.

I live near Tamworth & have booked 2 days off work to go down.

These are unique circumstances though.

Because of the credit crunch my girlfriend was made redundant.Because of this we've not been on holiday this year so I've loads of holiday left.

Is this the only positive thing to come from the credit crunch?

John also did CO at Durham which I travelled to & I've also got a ticket to Leeds.

In a normal year I'd probably not have travelled to all of these.

For me it will be (I think ) the 11th time I come over (Cargo) to UK to see John (& Louis most times of it).

They did only one show together in Germany: Bielefeld 2002. I will not lost my hope John comes back to Hamburg one day as he did with Ultravox two times in 1978 and solo 1983 for the G.S. Tour.

So if I want to see him, I have to travel - in mid week or weekend doesn't matter for me. It is everytime an expensive "adventure" for me. But until yet it was worth every time to come over... wink

wink Andreas

It is possible that the lack of UK shows this year is a consequence of the large number of shows last year. Plus, doing all these shows abroad must have eaten into the time available for UK shows.

It will be interesting to see if Cargo sells out bearing in mind the increase in price over previous shows (still a very reasonable price I should add) and being on a Thursday.

Cargo will be the first time I've taken two days off work to go to a gig smile

Administrator
Administrator
Maybe John just does want to do them any more

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator
Maybe John just does want to do them any more

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Archive
The Archive
There are lots of reasons behind the decision to only have the one live show in the UK with Louis this year... and most of them have already been listed in this thread.

A huge amount of time and energy has been given over to putting the forthcoming CDs together, coupled with the live shows in Barcelona, Genoa and Japan. It's been a very busy year.

Rob

John has rarely played outside of the UK in recent years, and I think a year of mostly international shows is looong overdue!

I think some time between tours/gigs is a good thing, otherwise there can often be a sense of the over familiarity and lesser excitement.

It's quite a good idea to just have one major gig, but it's a real shame it's a midweek one, as at the same time has probably isolated a lot of fans. For example I can't make it due to work commitments, which is annoying given that it's the only full-on UK gig this year frown

But I'll still be able to enjoy the new CDs, so it's not the end of the world... unless he's planning to announce his retirement from touring!!

..which sort of begs my question: how did they end up finding such an obscure venure in Marghera (Italy) near Venice but not actually in it!
No that I'm complaining mind...no last minute cancellations please...just wondering how they came (will come) to be there...

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for your thoughts and views on this topic.

I guess I'm just really disappointed I can't make it there.

As live shows go there's not a gig I look forward to more that John & Louis live.....and that includes Numan & Depeche.

I'm sure all of you going will have a great time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.