Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Following on from the Metamatic Synths thread, I was hoping someone might know what John and Louis' current synths are for their studio and stage set-up?

Thanks smile

The only one I know for sure is that Louis plays a Yamaha CS-1X on the live shows, as I had several near misses with it at King Tut's in Glasgow when he was rocking it back and forward on its stand! Couldn't really see what others he had or what John was playing because he was Miles Away through the fog (OK, so it was dry ice but fog is a much more foxxy word!), well, over the other side of the stage anyway.

Ô¿Ô

Knew I'd see an answer somewhere - and here it is!

From the barcodezine ‘Crash and Burn’ interview
Q: What is your armoury of equipment like? What do you use in the studio?
As little as possible - but still an Arp, an Oscar, a Virus, a Nord, a CR78, a 909, an analogue phaser, a flanger, a Space Echo, a couple of Alesis reverbs, a Korg Drum machine. Louie’s Mac Computer, an old DAT recorder. The most important ingredient is Louis Gordon. That’s about it.

http://www.barcodezine.com/John%20Foxx%20Interview.htm

Garry

Just checked my collection of photos from John & Louis' gig at King Tut's in Glasgow, July 22nd 2006 and I can't make out what John's playing but you can clearly see Louis has a Yamaha CS1x and a Casio synth of some description, though I can't see the model number. Of course, this is over 18 months ago so maybe it's changed since then.

Ô¿Ô

L
L
By the time of the Glasgow Metamatic gig last year,Louis had added another Yamaha CS1X.We spoke about this synth before the gig as I use the same one.
The actual use during the gig was very limited though from my experience,as I could see he was only playing odd flourishes,very far back in the mix and turning the volume back down again!Most of that gig seemed to be done on playback.Couldn't see what John was playing.

I think he had a stylophone.

Quote:
Originally posted by RobTim:
I think he had a stylophone.
Kraftwerk used a Stylophone during their live renditions of 'Pocket Calculator' on the 'Computer World' tour in 1981. It was the first time, and will undoubtedly be the last, I ever saw a Stylophone being used on stage.

Ô¿Ô

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.