Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Great - this 'ere media archive is going to be like a holy grail of all things Foxx!

Will look forward to it.
That's the point - if only I could find some time to actually work on it... wink

Rob

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
If you want any help with anything (that doesn't involve programming!), you can always give me a shout.

I'd stopped buying the music press years ago. So I can't add much to this discussion as I'd never seen any advertising.
I guess in a way Modern Art was an advertising medium in the fact that Shifting City was mentioned on this album when reading the track listing along with Cathredral Oceans.
Still it took me another 8 weeks to track down the albums eventually buying them at the Mean Fiddler in Sept 2001.

I think looking back pre June 2001 that I was ever going to hear a new JF album or hear from him again. I'd always thought he'd given up music after IMW. Modern Art, Shifting City and CO rekindled my interest in Johns music. So Here We Go

Peter

D
D
I mysteriously vanished a few years after John Foxx, so I didn't know anything until I heard about Crash and Burn. So I had a rather nice goody bag to fill when I started to look into it!

Did anyone actually get Shifting City or Cathedral Oceans in 1995? First I heard of them was in 1998, at this site or the old Ultravox forum, and I ordered them through a local record store shortly thereafter. Never saw anything in print about them, but I wasn't buying a whole lot of UK music papers or magazines.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
Did anyone actually get Shifting City or Cathedral Oceans in 1995? First I heard of them was in 1998, at this site or the old Ultravox forum, and I ordered them through a local record store shortly thereafter. Never saw anything in print about them, but I wasn't buying a whole lot of UK music papers or magazines.
Both Cathedral Oceans and Shifting City were released on the 24th of March, 2007. The 2005 date (on both sleeves) refers to when the material was originally registered for publishing.

Rob

eh? .. which century Rob? frown

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Should be 1997.

What a great year for music it was too...

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
eh? .. which century Rob? frown
Oooops... frown
Sorry about that... frown

Yeah, should've been 1997.

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Should be 1997.
What a great year for music it was too...
annus terribilis for me .. (or is that horribilis?) .. but I digress ..

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.