Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Townsend is taking orders for the tour CDs, showing a release date of October 15. I had a look at Amazon.co.uk and some shameless greedhead is selling copies of Metal Beat for £89.95 and £159.95. So £26 for the two CDs, including postage, didn't seem like too bad a deal at all.

Good news for the fans that don't live in the UK, or were unable to make the concerts, now have the opportunity to purchase these at the "real" price from Townsend and not some greedy B*****d seller on Amazon. IMHO the CD's are good but not worth £89.95 and £159.95 as priced on Amazon

The thing I found strange was a guy goes up to John at a concert with 20 odd CD's and gets John to sign them all. If I was John I'd of refused, guessing that they were going to be put on E-bay RANT OVER

Peter

RE: Amazon

I see that Retro Future is being sold by the
same person for £59.95. mad

This is absolutely appalling. This seller should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves (which obviously they aren't!).

This really makes me mad. mad

I just hope that it's not someone who claims to be a fan of John's that's doing this.

Sarah

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
This is absolutely appalling. This seller should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves (which obviously they aren't!).

Calm, calm. Push and breathe dear...

It just makes me laugh actually, rather than being mad.
Why not? People will always try a trick. The internet is made for it.
It's so easy to use the same media to make a couple more clicks and shop around...

no - it's NOT ME selling it... :p

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I spoke to both John and Louis about this at Glasgow,both seemed pretty pissed off that they were on e-bay and in hindsite were being warry of people getting multiple copies signed,although John did say that Rob had told him I'd be buying a couple of more copies for board members abroad and commented that it was a very nice thing to do smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
[b]This is absolutely appalling. This seller should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves (which obviously they aren't!).

Calm, calm. Push and breathe dear...

It just makes me laugh actually, rather than being mad.
Why not? People will always try a trick. The internet is made for it.
It's so easy to use the same media to make a couple more clicks and shop around...

no - it's NOT ME selling it... :p [/b]
Well, that's nice to know! laugh

Whilst I am not that naive that I don't know that this happens all the time, it's still not a good thing to do.

Sarah laugh

N
N
Bought both today from........................

.................Townsend.

Quote:
Originally posted by nap-ster:
Bought both today from........................

.................Townsend.
Super! You'll enjoy them!

Sarah laugh

That's great news! (Townsend I mean...not Ebay!) I was genuinely concerned that I wouldn't be able to get copies - glad now that they're in normal circulation - and at normal prices too!

I know what Martin means though about shopping around a bit, sometimes you can find things cheaper. I remember seeing the Act 'Laughter, Tears and Rage' box-set on EBay for £60 when Amazon still had stocks at £14!

Quote:
Originally posted by Will:
...although John did say that Rob had told him I'd be buying a couple of more copies for board members abroad and commented that it was a very nice thing to do smile
..nice. Cheers again Will.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.