Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
Since we are almost on tour, anyone know about support acts? I have seen a couple of listings that state that Client are supporting at Brighton, but I find this hard to believe since they are supposed to be somewhere else playing on the same night. But if only it were true ...!

Anyone else going to Brighton?

I had great intentions of going to Brighton but Networkrail have decided to close part of the line and replace trains with buses on the Sunday which would mean I would not get home until 2 in the morning and with Cargo in London on the Monday it would be too much. frown

It would have been nice to meet you again Mark.

Peter

Yes, I heard about the Brighton gig having Client, but I'm not sure.

I can't make that one, but I have tickets for Barfly Brum and London Cargo, and both e-tickets state no support.

Sarah laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
I can't make that one, but I have tickets for Barfly Brum and London Cargo, and both e-tickets state no support.
Looks like Client wont be there then. It would have been an added incentive for sure. If they are playing 'somewhere else' that day though, the choice is easy.....

Had a look at a couple of Steve Malins other bands on MySpace but don't see anything yet,would quite like it if "(we are)Performance" played.

Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Anyone else going to Brighton?
Hi Mark!

No, we are not going to Brighton this time. I assume you will not go to the ICA show?

Would be great to meet you again!
Do you have any plans to come to the T-shirt gig in November?

Would be nice...
Andreas wink

Myself my wife and my little sister will all be at Brighton can't wait!

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Andreas!

I am intending to make the t-shirt gig so I hope to see you there. Unfortunately I am not going to the ICA but I hope everyone who does has a great day!

cheers
Mark

And hi Peter!

The trains are indeed awkward on the Sunday, two of them for me and also a bus replacement each end of the journey! Hope to see you at the t-shirt gig as well.

cheers
Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Hi Andreas!

I am intending to make the t-shirt gig so I hope to see you there. Unfortunately I am not going to the ICA but I hope everyone who does has a great day!

cheers
Mark
Great, Mark!!

See you in November wearing the same T-shirt!! smile
....and having some pints together... smile

Cheers, Andreas

Hmm..now I've given this some thought,it's only a small tour so could it be "Circus Girls" as support band??
Only a thought laugh

F
F
I havenae a clue who is supporting in Brighton, but I think it's the same lot who are supporting on the other nights (as the promoter wasn't interested in putting on a local support)

I believe myself & http://www.misspain.co.uk are getting to DJ between the bands though (bloody well hope so, as I haven't bought a ticket lol )

So who's playing the other nights??
Steve Malins normaly deals with the support bands,hence why Rubiks got the Foxx AND Numan gigs.

As long as the support band is not "The Errors" then I will be happy, they supported Numan in Glasgow in December and were the worst band I have ever seen live, their attitude stank too and they were very arrogant towards to the crowd.

If it's a local band supportinge each night then I would like to see Salon Boris at the Glasgow gig.

Glasgow = Swimmer One

Manchester = (We are)Performance
(you lucky people!! )

London = Dj set

N
N
I like Swimmer One (both the group and JF track). Pitty their only London gig this year is 24 Nov! www.swimmerone.co.uk

T
OP Offline
T
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
I havenae a clue who is supporting in Brighton, but I think it's the same lot who are supporting on the other nights (as the promoter wasn't interested in putting on a local support)

I believe myself & http://www.misspain.co.uk are getting to DJ between the bands though (bloody well hope so, as I haven't bought a ticket lol )
That'll be good - I enjoyed you guys last year at the Pressure Point.

F
F
Cool. Watch out for more ludicrous ZX Spectrum game music and Peter Hammill tracks.

Apparently "Client" are the support band?
They're good, I think? Although I've never actually heard them (cos I only listen to John Foxx, Peter Hammill, and ZX Spectrum game music ;-)

F
F
well despite the Brighton promoter advertising that Client would be the support act,
it in fact turned out to be an aheinously awful band consisting of a couple of blokes who used to be in Pop Will Eat Itself!

Same as at the Birmingham Barfly where people seemed to like them.

Worst thing about them was some of the miming..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.