Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#38205 10/09/07 08:22 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Great stuff Peter.
Nice atmospheric review of the whole evening cool
Louis and Steve's set sounds interesting.

Any news of the Foxx/Jansen pieces?

Really sounds like the best Metamatic show of them all. laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#38206 10/09/07 08:28 AM
Nice review, Peter. It sounds like a really good show.

I'm a little concerned over the recurring comments tabout ridiculously high bass levels. When you can feel your trousers vibrate, it's not good. I wonder what it does to your insides?!
Surely it's not good for your ears.

Anyway I stray from the point. Sounded like everyone had a great night. Hopefully somebody will have taken pics...

#38207 10/09/07 09:05 AM
S
S
Bar staff seemed to be enjoying it as well. Perhaps they were expecting some quaint retro show and were surprised to find a cutting-edge electronic performance of songs that sound more contemporary than ever IMO.

Anyone else notice Louis slip-up on backing vocals on Tenant 030? We forgive him though!

#38208 10/09/07 09:07 AM
Quote:
When you can feel your trousers vibrate, it's not good. I wonder what it does to your insides?!
By the time I left the club I was straving which is unusual for me, so I had to buy a cheese and ham bagette at Euston.

Quote:
Any news of the Foxx/Jansen pieces?

No news as far as I'm aware Martin

Peter

#38209 10/09/07 09:12 AM
I take it they didn't play them? Or did you not hear them?

#38210 10/09/07 10:35 AM
The Foxx/Jansen pieces were playing in the foyer and bar right at the beginning - but very subtle and easy to miss.

Easily the best Metamatic set, at least of the three I've seen. Also no-one yakking through the music (personal pet peeve) and such a STORMING version of '21st Century'. Glorious. Foxx and Gordon enjoying themselves hugely, everyone singing along, really nice atmosphere, perfect.

Yes, I noticed Louis' slip-up. But Foxx fluffed a few at Brighton too. Goes with the territory.

Trouser-flapping bass is a MUST at any good gig, surely. The sound at this venue was spot-on.

And Steve and Louis' improv was very nice indeed - but I'm sure the visuals could have been much richer. Where's Spectral Response when you need them - eh Sarah? laugh

Very nice evening indeed. Roll on November.

mongrel

#38211 10/09/07 10:37 AM
T
T
I've put my 4 clips up on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Tokyohunter
My camera locks the zoom during recording so I couldn't get Louis or Guy3 in my shots.
I agree with the previous comment about it being far removed from a quaint retro gig.
Anyone know if the Jansen/Gordon teamup will be released on cd in any form in the future?

#38212 10/09/07 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mongrel:
Roll on November.
Is this a seasonal deodorant? laugh

You can surely forgive the odd lyric fluff. It's LIVE, that's what counts!

What kind of visuals did they have?

#38213 10/09/07 10:42 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Tokyohunter:

Anyone know if the Jansen/Gordon teamup will be released on cd in any form in the future?
If you nmean the Foxx/Jansen eamup then yes, there are plans.

If you mean the Louis/D'Agostino teamup as per Cargo live, then I have no idea...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#38214 10/09/07 10:46 AM
T
T
I meant the Louis/Steve one mentioned before.But the the John/Steve one will be a must buy too (of course smile )

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.