Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#38195 10/08/07 01:32 PM
yes, quite right . .full reports as usual please, esp as this would seem to be a particularly 'rich' event. So at least 2,000 words each.

#38196 10/08/07 04:23 PM
S
S
Anyone know what time this all kicks off?

#38197 10/08/07 11:04 PM
T
T
Just got back from the Cargo gig.
Well, It was probably the best John Foxx gig I've been to so far.Same setlist order as the ICA show.The sound was virtually perfect.Talking of sound,moving straight to Burning Car, how loud was that kick drum sound! Definately an "in the body" experience.
Good to see more small people in the audience,there is normally a disproportionate number of tall people at John Foxx concerts!
Campared to the ICA gig I noticed the vocals were better tonight, particularly on My Face.
21st Century rocked the house,that has to be the best version they have ever done of it.was it around 10mins long?
I'm much preferring the lead synth sound on Underpass to that of Overpass.
Tidal Wave has quite a menacing vibe to it now,I suppose that's how it should be.
I missed the support act.The ticket info said "no support" so who were those people on stage when I came in at around 8:50?

#38198 10/08/07 11:15 PM
Cheers mate,thanks for the quick review(I'm just in from work frown )
I know what you mean about 21st cent,the bass at Glasgow was immense!! shook the building to its foundations smile

You vid any of this one??

#38199 10/08/07 11:24 PM
L
L
Just got back too and glad I finally managed to get to a show on this tour. Excellent venue with the main area about half the size of Brick Lane's 93 Feet East. As for the show itself - stunning - with John seeming even more appreciative than usual after each track, grinning like a cheshire cat. I have a funny feeling he thoroughly enjoys this occasional evening job! Roll on Luminaire

#38200 10/08/07 11:34 PM
T
T
Yeah Will, got Plaza,Underpass,Blurred Girl,and some of This City (memory card ran out of space.I thought I had blanked it but annoyingly I hadn't and camera was not complying to let me see what was on it!)
The clips will be in same place as before Will smile

#38201 10/08/07 11:48 PM
laugh

#38202 10/08/07 11:59 PM
T
T
I really hope they recorded tonight's show.
The projected footage works really well, adds a layer of off-centred-ness to the proceedings.

#38203 10/09/07 07:22 AM
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Tokyohunter:
I missed the support act.The ticket info said "no support" so who were those people on stage when I came in at around 8:50?
Steve and Louis. They did a half hour continuous piece complete with backing film! Good stuff and a nice reward for getting there early.

That bass on Burning Car was insane. Don’t they use the same frequency at Guantanamo Bay to get prisoners to capitulate in interrogations?!?

Good venue although they could’ve cranked up the AC.

#38204 10/09/07 07:44 AM
What a great night at Cargo.

The venue was a lot better than some of the seedier joints that I've seen John play in. The club was spacious and clean. It was set under railway arches. All around the rooms were candles set in jars which gave a nice atmosphere.
I arrived early and John was rehearsing. The bar was open early. Getting my ticket was well organised with peoples names on a guest list.

At 8.20 the doors opened of the room where the performance was going to take place. After several minutes Louis and Steve appearred on stage and did a piece together which lasted 20 minutes with a film playing on the large screen behind the stage. I've no idea what the title was.

Then about 9.20 John, Louis and Steve appearred on stage and went into Film 1. Then it was straight into Matamatic. I think they'd polished up Metamatic since the ICA as for me it seemed to flow better. There were minor errors but nothing to distract from the overal enjoyment of the performance. John appeared to be enjoying playing and several times he smiled and looked genuinely happy. After Touch and Go he said "Goodnight" but I knew there was more to come.

Again the encore was the same as all the over concerts. Glimmer, Mr No etc. 21st Century was the last song and it seemed to go on a lot longer than the ICA. It was awesome and I didn't want it to end.

The sound was clear and the bass at the right levels.

Thanks to Sarah B, Phil, Tessa, Geoff, Mr Normal and Rob whom I had the pleasure of meeting. I thank you all.

I hope that John and Louis use this venue again.

Peter

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.