Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37980 07/25/07 11:53 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
One of my favourite titles of John's recent work.

We all interpret lyrics in different ways, and maybe we could chat about what different songs mean to us? For instance:-

We all host Invisible Women whether we admit to their presence or not. Oftentimes it is our mother, or someone in that narrow doorway between an 'ex' and the 'next'. Our daughter's sister perhaps, or a distant friend. Frequently someone we have never met, and yet always somehow known to us in one way or another. These people, the Invisible Women and the Hidden Men with whom they dance, form the essence of both our histories and our future.
I believe all meetings and partings are within each of us at birth. As we move through live they begin to take some form and order, and we drift or slide from one to the other, confusing them, separating them, loving and leaving.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#37981 07/26/07 09:35 AM
Nice analyst Martin on Invisible women. I guess it can intepreted in many ways depending on an individuals circumstances.

No doubt other song titles that John as wrote can be very thought provoking.

Peter

#37982 07/26/07 10:33 AM
C
C
Although I adore many of JFs 'phrasings' in his songs, for me the greatest whole lyric is along the same lines. 'A funny thing' absolutely brilliantly describes how much you cherish something or someone after they've gone by stating that you don't 'see them'. Once more, as you've pointed out many a time Martin, its another example of recurring themes throughout his work.
Cheers

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.