Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
C
A dream come true!

I canīt wait to listen to Like A Miracle, Young Love and A New Kind Of Man (single version)all on one CD.

Chris C laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
The sound quality on the edsel versions is a lot better than the early 'metamatic' and 'the garden' cds Alex, but not by too much compared to some bands 'remastered' albums. But the original 'metamatic' cd had a track called 'young love' as a bonus track. Other slight problems with the edsel discs is the bonus tracks are of an higher sound volume than the album tracks, and some are lower. The artwork on the edsels are IMO improved though.
'Young Love' has GOT to be reinstated on this new version of Metamatic. A fabulous track - sorely missed on the Edsel re-issue!

Getting a busy year for Mr Foxx!

Sarah B laugh

Shifting City
The Pleasures Of Electricity
The Collaboration with Robin Guthrie
and now Metamatic

Seems I have to order some extra money for my trips to UK in September and November...

If John goes on with his (re-)releases, 2007 will be a year with more releases than 2006...(Perhaps) laugh

Great news!! smile

Andreas

Looks like there is a Metamatic show planned for 27 July in London, according to John's MySpace page.

Andreas, you are so right about spending money! If the July show goes ahead, that will be 3 trips and stays in London for me this year, as I simply can't miss seeing John perform!

Can't make the Isle of Wight though frown

Sarah B laugh

Administrator
Administrator
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris C:
A dream come true!

I canīt wait to listen to Like A Miracle, Young Love and A New Kind Of Man (single version)all on one CD.

Do you know something we don't about this tracklisting then Chris eek ?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
No insider knowledge but itīs highly likely that these 3 tracks will feature in the double CD.

Young Love has already been released and Rob ( and John) have mentioned in the past the existence of 1979 recordings of Like A Miracle and A New Kind Of Man. cool

The rest is a surprise. I wonīt start talking about The Bed Soundtrack.... :p

Chris C wink

is "like a miracle" so old track? that's news to me.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
Looks like there is a Metamatic show planned for 27 July in London, according to John's MySpace page.

Andreas, you are so right about spending money! If the July show goes ahead, that will be 3 trips and stays in London for me this year, as I simply can't miss seeing John perform!

Can't make the Isle of Wight though frown

Sarah B laugh
[/QUOTE

Sorry to quote myself, but I've just been to John's MySpace page and the date of 27 July has now been removed and replaced by 7 September!

False alarm!

Sarah B laugh

Seems like there is conflicting information on Myspace. Its says Sept 7th London. Can't be bad as Johns appearing in the Bestival on the IOW the same night.

As for the bonus tracks on the new double CD it would be nice to have original copies of Bed Flight/fight as some of the bonus tracks.
Peter

N
N
The 1993 Metamatic re-issue has Young Love on it as part of the 6 extra tracks. (CDV2146)

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.