Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27
#37539 05/04/07 12:30 PM
I'm not sure where the confusion is? I thought Rob's latest metamatic update mail (01.05.2007) was pretty clear - if you're there early and wearing the shirt, entry is free. 'Tickets' will only seem to be sold (a) after 8.30pm, and (b) only if there is room available in the venue.

eek

The Luminaire, which recently won the "UK Live Venue of the Year" at
the Music Week Awards and has been Time Out's "London Live Venue of
the Year" for two year's running, has been chosen to be the venue for
the 'T-Shirt' gig where entry is free if you arrive wearing a "From
Trash" T-Shirt. Admittance will be on a strictly 'first come, first
served' basis as tickets will NOT be made available in advance, but
tickets will be sold on the door at 8.30pm ONLY if there's still room
in the venue for more people. So if you want to go, the advice is to
buy a T-Shirt in advance and get there early!

Look forward to seeing you in the queue at 7pm!

#37540 05/04/07 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
get there early!

Look forward to seeing you in the queue at 7pm!
so 7 p.m. means "early" for u , but what does this rather spongy term "early" means FOR SURE in this case ? :-o
an hour before the venue opens its doors ... or half a day before ... or WHAT EXACTLY ? :-o

i'm sorry , but i actually hate such terms as "get there early" , which has NO DEFINITIVE MEANING @ all - in my honest opinion ! :-/

a clarification is due in this case , please !

#37541 05/04/07 01:59 PM
An interesting point Olaf. Sorry you hate the term, but I guess early is whatever you want to make it. I think it all depends on a number of things; popularity of the act, demand for 'tickets' (but let's not get too hung up about what that is defined as here), how much importantance you personally put on wanting to see the show, the day of the week, where you're coming from and, perhaps, venue size. The possibles are limitless.

John is, by Uncle Stevie's defintion, an 'underground' artist, so although he is surely 'popular', in overall terms his popularity (at least sales wise) is likely to be comparatively small compared to major acts. Arriving 'early' to get a good spot near the stage to see, say, the Rolling Stones at Wembley is likely to be different to getting a good spot to see Chas N' Dave at your local pub.

Secondly, demand for tickets. As this show has been advertised but only 200 shirts so far have been sold, based on the fact the Scala last year was only about half full when he went on stage at 9.45, I think you'd agree that it's safe to assume there is not going to be masses of people queueing at the door for cash tickets, even if they were available - and certainly considering that 'walk up' sales in the UK are quite small for established venues due to the general availability of internet sales.

So, as for 'getting there early' for this one, again if you want to see it, you'll make a judgement on what early is for you. But I reckon 7pm is 'about' right given that doors open at 8.30pm. It's a different type of gig and will see John perform stuff that he either has never done or hasn't done for years. If people choose not to get there 'early' to make sure they won't miss that, then there's no way defining 'early' is going to make any difference.

All the best

EG
x

#37542 05/04/07 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
okay ... once again i take your word for granted , e. g. ! ;-)

#37543 05/05/07 01:07 PM
F
F
Thing is,
if the main issue is venue capacity,
then it's probably gonna be those most unhappy of god's creatures, "bouncers", who decide who is getting in.
I'm sure many forum members know that "bouncers" are quite sadly often unreasonable neanderthal mentalists, who generally decide you are "giving them hassle" if you so much as attempt to talk to them in words of more than 3 syllables.

#37544 05/05/07 02:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well ... i jus' hope for all the people , who'll go there that the club has received its quite good critics not only for what is happening IN the club , but also for how well the door policy is handled there by the "bouncers" , as this is indeed a very important point also in my opinion !

#37545 05/06/07 06:40 PM
F
F
Having no fear of adventure,i plan on going there as well...
Though i might Trash [from] the door being left out at the moment surpreme.
Might be a good opportunity to drink a lot instead :p

greetings!
fons

#37546 05/14/07 11:12 AM
The Archive
The Archive
John Foxx and Louis Gordon will now be playing TWO shows on Saturday the 24th of November at The Luminaire in London. The 'free' T-Shirt gig will be a special matinee performance at 5:00pm. Their set will include the Top five requested songs, along with a couple of other surprises... laugh

The second performance will be at 9:00pm and is going to be a ticketed show - which means that you will NOT get 'free' entry wearing a From Trash T-Shirt. Tickets are £8.00 in advance or £10.00 on the door. The Top five songs chosen by you will again be featured along with a couple of changes to the set.

We've decided to do this so that if anyone cannot get in to the matinee show (wearing a From Trash T-Shirt) because it is FULL when they arrive, we will take their names, put them on the guest-list, and guarantee them entry to the evening show.

Therefore, please DON'T turn up at the evening show expecting to gain 'free' entry because you are wearing a From Trash T-Shirt unless we've confirmed that with you earlier in the afternoon.

The ticket prices have deliberately been kept lower than normal for the evening show so that anyone who wants to make a night of it can come along to both performances. laugh

Rob

#37547 05/14/07 12:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hats off to all involved people , as this is actually wonderful news for all fans of john & louis ! :-)

i jus' have to find a way to be there ( @ one of these two shows @ least ;-) & make it an early xmas present for myself then ! ;-)

thanx a lot & cheers for the info , rob ! :-)

#37548 05/14/07 07:12 PM
F
F
Great information indeed, thanks for informing us smile
99% sure i will be going now! laugh

greetings,
fons

Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.