Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27
#37529 05/02/07 06:54 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
"So if you want to go, the advice is to
buy a T-Shirt in advance and get there early!"

Erm - I don't wanna be arsey, but if I'm coming up to London to see John play (especially if he's gonna be playing 5 wierd songs I'll never get to hear elsewhere), I'd like to be guarenteed admission!
Can't we get tickets? frown
I shall not be a happy bunny if I get turned away from the gig, because it's full, even though I will be wearing my ticket. I always assumed that having a ticket, guarantees you entry to a gig. So this should mean that everyone who has bought a genuine From Trash t-shirt, will get in.

I'm also a bit annoyed that some people are considering making their own t-shirt & try to get in for nothing.

#37530 05/02/07 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
I'm also a bit annoyed that some people are considering making their own t-shirt & try to get in for nothing.
if u are talking about me here , i can assure u that i was only joking in this case , as i can't go to that concert - no matter , if i have & would also wear the original or a self-made t-shirt then !

anyway ... it would indeed severely spoil my belief that mr. leigh is treating his fans very fair & good , if a person , who's wearing the original t-shirt & even travels a long(er) way to that special gig will be refused to get in after all ! :-o

fyi : i've even mentioned on an o.m.d. fanforum that i think that this t-shirt gig will be a next to perfect example of how fair fans can be treated by an artist , so i sincerely hope that mr. leigh won't let any genuine fan down in this case !!!

#37531 05/02/07 05:24 PM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
[b] I'm also a bit annoyed that some people are considering making their own t-shirt & try to get in for nothing.
if u are talking about me here , i can assure u that i was only joking in this case , as i can't go to that concert - no matter , if i have & would also wear the original or a self-made t-shirt then !

anyway ... it would indeed severely spoil my belief that mr. leigh is treating his fans very fair & good , if a person , who's wearing the original t-shirt & even travels a long(er) way to that special gig will be refused to get in after all ! :-o

fyi : i've even mentioned on an o.m.d. fanforum that i think that this t-shirt gig will be a next to perfect example of how fair fans can be treated by an artist , so i sincerely hope that mr. leigh won't let any genuine fan down in this case !!! [/b]
No it wasn't you who I was referring to Olaf. I know your comment about it was a jokey one. I just hope people don't start being cheapskates.

I'm concerned that someone wearing a home made shirt will get in & a genuine t-shirt ticket holder won't, because the gig is full.

Mark Henson

#37532 05/02/07 06:55 PM
Many of us fans seem worried about being let down and not getting in to the gig even though we have an official t-shirt.

When I bought the t-shirt, I understood that you were guaranteed entry to the gig, but now I'm having doubts. frown

Is there anyone (Robin?) who can clarify matters, please? We just want to know that we are definitely going to get in...

What would happen, for instance, if (by no fault of your own) you arrived slightly late, due to travel problems etc. Would your place have been taken by someone who had bought a ticket on the door? I think that would be a real disappointment. frown

Sarah B laugh

#37533 05/03/07 12:13 PM
C
C
Don't want to tempt fate here - and please remember I love John dearly - but guys, for electronica's sake, we're not talking about The Rolling Stones playing someone's village hall. I can't see for one minute that there'll be no room at the inn, John's very popular but criven's flip, he's not about to sell out Madison Square Gardens for a week. There's only been about 200 T shirts sold!
Cheers

#37534 05/03/07 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
There's only been about 200 T shirts sold!

I can't see for one minute that there'll be no room at the inn,
well ... jus' read this info over @ http://www.theluminaire.co.uk/cnt/index.php?cnt_id=19&parent_id=6

about "CAPACITY
Floor limit including staff and bands is 275.
Here's how it breaks down:
We reserve 25 for staff, house guests, bands and crew, leaving 250
If you're a promoter or agent, 250 is your operating limit. If you want to sell 250 tickets, fine, but that leaves nothing for guest list. How you balance it is up to you."

not much space left , if only 50 more t-shirts ( = ticket to get in , if i understood things correctly in this case ) will be sold until the gig & all 250 people with t-shirts will come , which isn't very likely , but still ... i think that original t-shirt owners & wearers should indeed be GUARANTEED to get in 1st to be fair , before other people will have their chance , in my honest opinion !

#37535 05/03/07 04:04 PM
I am sure that I am not the only person who will be paying for travel and accomodation for this gig.

Providing the t-shirt wearers get in then that's fine, but it would be a bit costly if we were turned away. I guess I should be ok as I'm staying local to the event, but maybe other people may not.

Cheers

Sarah laugh

#37536 05/03/07 04:22 PM
F
F
Well I guess it's simple - if there's too many people turn up, John & Louis will just have to play their set twice smile

#37537 05/03/07 11:06 PM
I have bought a ticket for a gig, though it be in the form of a T-Shirt, but if I have travelled all the way from East Yorkshire, which will have cost me best part of £60 before the hotel room I have reserved, then get there to be told that I have made the journey for nothing, I will not be a happy chap & with others in the same boat the venue could well have trouble on their hands.

I hope that the number of T-Shirts made will have reflected the size of the venue correctly, after all, you don't sell enough tickets for Wembley if you are only playing Hammersmith Odeon.

The quicker this matter is officially resolved, the better as there seems to be a fair bit of confusion, anger & frustration, with good reason.

#37538 05/04/07 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
I am sure that I am not the only person who will be paying for travel and accomodation for this gig.

Cheers

Sarah laugh
You are right... laugh
We have to pay a lot of money for flying and hotel. We will bring my crowbar with me - so We can be sure to get in. eek laugh

Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.