Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
As much as I would love to be there - It's too expensive for me all in all together!

But it's good they play on Festivals.

I'm looking forward to the T-shirt gig at the end of the year. wink

...AND WOULD BE GREAT TO LISTEN TO BLURRED GIRL... laugh

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Although £115.00 is a lot of money - it's quite standard for a festival.
Still £115.00 is £115.00, and I suspect most people will only want to see John and Louis frown
I agree though, for a whole weekend event the price is not so bad. There are other good acts on too!!

The difficulty with this is that the Isle of Wight is one of the most expensive places to get to.
A ferry from Southampton will cost upwards of £40 with a car, (£55 from Portsmouth) and on foot for the day it will be at least £10.
Accommodation is another problem...

Some coordination between us will be required.

I am very, very fortunate that this is on my doorstep. laugh
And in fact the venue is probably only an hour walk from the ferry in Cowes.

And Robin Hill has red squirrels. cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
It's good to see John playing a festival. Something like this will surely win him new fans, young and old - including people who have gone there to watch acts that he inspired!

I agree with you Alex
Although most fans on this forum would find the Bestival too expensive there are those who love these weekend parties and I'm sure John will win over a few more fans and hearts.

Regards
Peter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
It's entirely possible (and probable) that Steve hasn't had the opportunity to update John's MySpace page yet
of course that's also a possibility , but "somebody" was logged in there yesterday & also today - either steve or john himself ! ;-)

still no news concerning the "bestival" gig(s) over there by now ! :-o

anyway ... i trust u , rob , that the info about john playing @ that festival is indeed true & correct - however ! :-)

Really looking forward to hearing more about when and where the Metamatic set will be performed - as Bestival is well beyond my means.

mongrel

L
L
There's some really interesting people and bands set to play on the bill (noticed that Jah Wobble and 'SKA Cubano' are also there over the weekend) - it might just be the festival to go to...

How about it EG?

smile

LG
x

Administrator
Administrator
I'm making my plans to get to this gig.

Just thought I'd pass on to anyone else interested that the LAST BOAT back to Southampton on Friday night is at 10.30pm as far as I can see.
This could be a source of some inconvenience...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Whay -Hayy!!!! Got my Bestival tickets booked! got my fe-rry! got my te-ent! got my ter-ansport! can't afford to eat for a year but I don't care!!! Isle of Wight here we come!!!!!!
Cheers
P.S I'm a bit excited! laugh

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.