Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#37326 02/26/07 12:23 AM
robert Offline OP
OP Offline
It seems these two albums are for a re-realease this summer with extra tracks from the album sessions. Although the covers were great for these albums they were pretty much panflets inside so be good to see expanded artwork and sleevenotes. Some people cant see the point in buying the same album twice but im a sucker for a expanded edition that comes with all the trimmings. Plus there great records and although you can still get pleasures it seems shifting city has drifted off the map.

Well I'm a bit annoyed,I've only recently bought
TPOE but I'll have to buy it again.I'll wait for the new Shifting City though.

F
F
Shifting City does sound a bit "quiet" compared to today's CDs (although the Loudness Wars by no means make things sound BETTER).... I wouldn't expect much change to what Pleasures of Electricity sounds like though, surely?

but extra tracks would be nice,
like a pavlovian fool I was of course buy them laugh

If the extra tracks are made available on iTunes, then I'll be happy.

Not sure if I would want to buy the albums again, but I certainly wouldn't want to miss out on anything special.

I wouldn't have thought TPOE needed remastering, but SC certainly does. It sounds so tinny and quiet. That said, I'd probably get that one and replace the old one.

Will have to see what else comes with them.....

Please let there be enough new interesting bonus material to make it worth buying these again. My copies of both those albums still play just fine and don't seem to be in need of replacing.

wonderful news, since i never got the original shifting city, i only have a cdr-copy.

I'm a sucker also and I'll buy both.
I guess there's not a lot of room left on POE. I hope the bonus tracks make it worth while.

As for shifting city that definitly needs a mke over. It's a very short album so there'll be plently of space for some new tracks. :rolleyes:
Regards
Peter

F
F
Back in the good old days,
albums were only 35-40 minutes long,
and full of good songs rather than endless fillers
due to a lack of self-editing and a desire to fill the entire CD :-p

Has Pleasures been out long enough for a re-issue??
Just my veiw on the situation,cant we just have a cd with the out-takes from the various albums compiled together.
Surely the tech can't have leaped forward so much that a remastering of an album so new would make any difference.
Shifting city is a different kettle of fish,sure,try it out and see,but is there any unheard tracks to expand it??I haven't heard of any but then again..I'm no expert...over to you lot!! laugh

M
M
I'll be buying both. I was listening to Shifting City & The Pleasures Of Elastic Chicory yesterday & I can understand why they need to be remastered. If you compare them (soundwise) to From Trash & Sideways, they are inferior. SC & TPOE just don't have that punchiness & overall stereophonic clarity.

H
H
For one moment I thought that "Pleasures Shifting" was yet another new album!

Can't say that either of these are too high on my list of JF albums - never mind extra tracks, I think if you took, say, 4 tracks from SC and 6 from TPOE, you might just have a half-decent album......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
For one moment I thought that "Pleasures Shifting" was yet another new album!
me too ! ;-)

why not call a re-release of it "the shifting pleasures of electrofear" then ... & throw even some nation 12 stuff into it !? *hehehe*

okay ... seriously now ... both "shifting ..." & also "the pleasures ..." really need some more "punch" to be a good listening pleasure , as especially "shifting ..." sounds extremely thin in production ! :-o

btw : how u can remaster such thin productions for yourself very easily & also quite effectively was already mentioned by herbert & given kudos by me over @ this thread : http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000041

anyway ... jus' for the fun of it , i may remaster one of my favorite songs from "shifting ..." - "here we go" - again properly & may compare it with the result that an official re-release comes up with later on ! ;-)

I will buy it both! SURE THING!

Shifting City is sounding a bit "thin" and I think it is a good idea with the remaster. I'm not sure for Pleasures 'cause for my opinion it sounds good - but with extra tracks it will be a nice remaster too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.