Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
#37047 10/18/08 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ion-ah:
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
[b] So if you come to London - don't miss to go to:
www.sisterray.co.uk
34-35 Berwick St. London W1V 3RF

This is what I call a REAL record shop!! wink
Yeah, its good news about Sister Ray staying open. Managed to get there on the Thursday too. Its moved from the original location, but the shop is now much bigger. smile [/b]
It's been at it's current location for quite a while now, it used to be the Selectadisc record shop.

#37048 10/18/08 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ion-ah:
Glad you managed to get your CD haul back to Hamburg with you safely. How much did that cost??? wink eek eek [/QB]
I will have dry toast with water only the next 4 weeks.... laugh

#37049 10/18/08 03:31 PM
T
T
Great gig, great venue!
He just seems to get better every time- Burning Car sounded the best I've ever heard it.
I've put about 8 clips up on my youtube page (start of Burning Car got missed due to camera focus going wonky frown )

The new track sounded great which is a good sign for the next new album... (as did the new ones on the Impossible CD)

www.youtube.com/tokyohunter

New clips added are A Million Cars, Dislocation, Underpass, Burning Car, The Garden, Broken Furniture, My Sex 1+2.Not a great camera angle but gives an idea of what it was like on the night.

#37050 10/18/08 07:24 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Tokyohunter:
Great gig, great venue!
Thanks for posting the video link smile

I see that Blurred Girl still has the 'Bossa Nova Lounge interpretation' eek laugh (something I was going to mention in Birdsong's 'Some of them thread')

#37051 10/18/08 08:27 PM
T
T
Thanks Core Memory!
The Blurred Girl clip is from last year's gig.I haven't shuffled all the new clips to the front page yet.Sorry for the confusion.

I'm really glad they appeared to have recorded this gig.It's great to have alternate versions of favourite tracks to play.

I hope they keep using the idea of video backdrops.Vertigo works so well, as does using the old promo vids cut up.

#37052 10/18/08 09:40 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Tokyohunter:
The Blurred Girl clip is from last year's gig.I haven't shuffled all the new clips to the front page yet
:rolleyes: duh, of course I should have realised, and seeing as how the cargo set is on the front page of this thread! and I even commented on it laugh

aaah, 'A Bossanova Girl' metamatic07, I remember her well wink

#37053 10/18/08 11:44 PM
Thanks for sharing these on youtube. Your using the same camera i believe, as the sound and picture quality is again, some of the best homemade live vids on there.

#37054 10/19/08 12:15 AM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Unless anyone can testify differently, I reckon 'Travel' was played live here for the first time.

Young Savage hasn't been aired in the UK for 30 years?*

The Garden live for the first time in 25 years?*

John Leigh Karborn on stage?

Steve D playing analogue synths...

We were indeed promised a few surprises laugh

*is there really only five short years between those tracks?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#37055 10/19/08 05:42 AM
T
T
Thanks Newvox.
I'm quite surprised at how well the camera does video as it's a stills camera with the added video option.The sound though not great isn't too bad, I have the audio record setting turned down to help reduce distortion.
Youtube does reduce the quality though from the actual quicktime file the camera creates.
The only annoying bit is the focus doesn't lock in sometimes which meant I missed the start of Burning Car and once recording the zoom is disabled.I plan to upgrade for the next gigs though smile

Birdsong: I might be wrong but I'm sure he's played Travel before live.Great track.

#37056 10/19/08 05:55 AM
Cheers for posting Tokyhunter.

Nice vids.

I recently bought a HD camcorder which I took along.

I recorded all of the rare stuff.Video looks fantastic but the sound is so distorted it sounds terrible. frown

I may post one of the least distorted ones later.

Brian

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.