Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 753 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
What did you make of Dark Light? Did you get the Shepherds Bush album too?

As for me, I'm still on Bowie...
Hi Alex,

I'm enjoying 'Dark Light' very much! Good advice - thank you! I got 'Shepherds Bush' as well but think I'll give 'Dark Light' a good play first. Wish they'd had 'White Noise' available at that price too - that was my first ever gig!

Have you got the new edition of 'The Man Who Fell To Earth' DVD yet? Just wondered if it was that different from the one that's been available for a few years now.

I already have TMWFTE from 2002 I think so I'm not interested in buying yet another re-release of it, so I can't say how it differs, I'm afraid.

I discovered Numan after seeing the White Noise concert on TV late one night, in 1995. I thought it was amazing. Me and my best mate both really got into the music, and he went out and bought the 1993 Beggars "best of", while I picked up what seemed to be Numan's latest release, which was "Dark Light".

And it went on from there... but I instantly loved Dark Light. The sound, style and live energy were great. I wish I'd seen the tour... had I become a fan just a year or so earlier, I might have been able to!

A lot of Numan "fans" attack this release for the alleged amount of post production on it – but even if that's the case, I don't care! For me, it's a great live album, capturing Gary at his best with a very interesting selection of songs.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Creedence Clearwater Revival anyone...?
Why not? A great band! My stepfather had a compilation lp 0f theirs called Creedence Gold. It had Suzi Q, I Heard It Through The Grapevine & Proud Mary on it plus other songswhich I can't remember the titles of.

I think in general it was a good era for numan with sacrifice coming out which set up for exile.

Played two joy division albums: unknown pleasures, closer.

Quote:
Originally posted by robert:
Played two joy division albums: unknown pleasures, closer.
Hi Robert,

Don't know if you're aware of it but with the release of 'Control' in the cinema this summer the JD back cat is getting the re-issue/re- master treatment. What on earth can they add that isn't on the 'Heart & Soul' box-set?

Counting down the days to the control film. Looks quite excellent from the stills/clips online ive seen.

Quote:
Originally posted by robert:
Counting down the days to the control film. Looks quite excellent from the stills/clips online ive seen.
I requested e-mail on news etc from the official website but have heard nothing yet!

I signed up as well. Not too sure if i received an e-mail.

All saints by D Bowie.

Peter

Page 19 of 753 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.