Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
#36585 04/05/11 09:25 AM
H
H
At long last Zavvi finally dispatched my copy, which turned up yesterday.

So far I've listened to half the album and for me the standout track is "Catwalk", which is quite surprising as I normally prefer the quieter more reflective tracks. It's got a curiously funky groove for an electronic track, at times amost reminiscent of Fatboy Slim's Rockefeller Skank". John Foxx the Funk Soul Brother? Who'd have thought it!!!

What's interesting about the reviews on this thread so far is that everyone seems to have a different favourite track - surely the sign of a very strong album?

#36586 04/07/11 08:39 AM

This is a new piece of art which I've elected to call Summerland. From that you might guess it's inspired by (though not based on or necessarily illustrating) the song of the same name!

That said, it's turned out completely different to what I had in mind, but it got to a stage where I thought 'less is more' so decided to leave it at this. For me the colours match the song.

#36587 04/07/11 09:24 AM
C
C
Lovely image Alex, reminds me of the game Myst, certainly makes me want to get in there and explore it.

Its amazing how interplay is affecting so many of us, I've not played it in days but I seem to have so many of its songs running through my head, so far this week its been Summerland, Catwalk, The Running Man, and this morning I woke up hearing A Falling Star in my mind.

#36588 04/07/11 09:33 AM
Thanks!

I had actually painted a falling (or shooting) star into the sky, for a bit of added Foxxy effect, but it didn't look right, so I got rid. A bit like everything else I had planned to include!!

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.