Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
I've just posted an exclusive interview with Jori Hulkkonen in the Connections part of the website. Enjoy... laugh

Rob

T
T
Brilliant, Rob, thanks for that! laugh

Great stuff Rob.

Thanks Rob for putting this interview on Metamatic. I enjoyed reading it.

Jori as some nice thoughts on various subjects.

Regards

Peter

Administrator
Administrator
Excellent - thanks Rob!

Fascinating and encouraging to see how John fits into this DJ mesh.

And to learn that John WROTE the LYRICS to 'Never Been Here Before' made me smile.
Makes it even more of a contemporary Foxx track than the retro-styled 'Dislocated'.

Super stuff cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
great interview, very interesting, thanks rob!

i've been just wondering why jori hasn't ask john to come to play a gig in finland... or maybe he has?

M
M
This may be off-topic, but to all Finnish here: Jori Hulkkonen on TV2 'Musiikki-TV' on monday 7.4.

---------
[edit 7.4.] "Never Been Here Before" video was played. It was strange to hear John Foxx mentioned several times on the Finnish TV. [/edit 7.4.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
This may be off-topic, but to all Finnish here: Jori Hulkkonen on TV2 'Musiikki-TV' on monday 7.4.
thanks for the info.

A belated Thank You! Rob - for this interview. Haven't much time to look on the site the last months. So it was a nice surprise as I found that! now. smile

Thanks!

Andreas wink

Administrator
Administrator
Supplementary to this is a brief commentary by Jori on each track from the album, recently posted at his own website

After Dislocated (Dualizm 2005) I wasn't sure if I wanted to make another track with John Foxx, as I felt we couldn't top it. However, as I was working on the album I realized that it'd be kind of stupid NOT to work with him if he was still up for it -and he was. Where Dislocated had been very much my homage to the Metamatic-sound, NBHB is far removed from that and sounds quite different... more info

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.