Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#35240 07/23/09 01:51 PM
OP Offline
I know this was discussed sometimes but as I listened to my remastered Ultravox CD's again I find it is a little shame there is no live recording of the Systems of Romance stuff on it. All the Remasters (both; Mk1 and Mk2) including some live stuff - Systems of Romance is the only exception. Island Records released only the B- side and single stuff as bonus tracks on the Remasters but I'm sure there excist some live stuff of that tour too. There are some very good sounding bootlegs of the 1979 USA tour - Philadelphia or Boston - is there no chance to remaster this stuff to a good CD standard?
Please don't get me wrong - I'm thankfully the Remasters were released and they sounding great. But a live recording of the Systems Of Romance tour as an official release would be a great Bonus!!!

How big is the chance this could be happen?

Only dreaming on a rainy afternoon... wink

#35241 07/23/09 02:01 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I agree with you Andreas.

But I guess that with the bootlegs there probably would be some issues of sound quality as the gigs were not professionally recorded.

The Philadelphia concert your refer to was a BBC recording, so I expect there are unfathomably complex legal and copyright issues involved too

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#35242 07/23/09 02:23 PM
OP Offline
So if the Philadelphia boot is a BBC recording there must be a (small) chance to release it officially with remastered sound.

Ultravox Mk2 released a live recording in 1992, done by the BBC in 1981 too ( which sounds great), about their Vienna stuff on Windsong label.

Would'nt it be great this could be happen with the Philadelphia recording too?!!!

At least, Island, the BBC and the musicians must agree.
But why not ? It would be worth to test it.

I'm sure many fans would buy a copy.
I would be the first in the queue...
laugh

#35243 07/23/09 03:57 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Nah. No chance.

I'll have to listen again, but I'm sure there's reference on the recording to it being a broadcast. Or am I thinking of a different show?? frown

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#35244 07/23/09 05:03 PM
I have the Boston one which is a radio broadcast (with FM hiss).Its starts with Good evening,I'm Jo Bedrisci,welcome once again to the London wavelength concert hour.

Is that the one your thinking of Martin?

#35245 07/23/09 05:15 PM
OP Offline
I looked at my boots and agree with Brian. It's the Boston show which is the BBC recording
(very good quality). I have the same recording. This show includes He's a Liquid and Touch And Go.

The Philadelphia boot (incl.He's a Liquid) could be a BBC recording too but I'm not sure.
Soundwise it is as good as the Boston show.

Here is the description on my Boston boot:

a BBC presentation by:
London Wavelength
154 E.46th Street
New York
N.Y. (212) 682 - 5390

So, it is sure it excist very good stuff of that tour.
Should be possible to make a great CD!

#35246 07/23/09 06:01 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Yep - my mistake. The Boston show is a broadcast.
I realsied that as soon as I posted.

Doesn't change the unlikly-ness of any of this material ever being released though...

#35247 07/23/09 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
There are some very good sounding bootlegs of the 1979 USA tour - Philadelphia or Boston - is there no chance to remaster this stuff to a good CD standard?
A similar thing was done with two Numan bootlegs recently, L.O. 80 manchester and 'Engineers' both came from bootlegs. Its possible to do that for both Ultravox '79 concerts and release them as a double cd set. The Numan L.O. 80 manchester show, was not as high quality as either Philly or Boston.

Quote:
So if the Philadelphia boot is a BBC recording there must be a (small) chance to release it officially with remastered sound.

Ultravox Mk2 released a live recording in 1992, done by the BBC in 1981 too ( which sounds great), about their Vienna stuff on Windsong label.
Just because one show was released by the BBC does not mean its any easier for another show to be released by the BBC than from another place.

The cleaning up of bootlegs is about as easy as remastering any recording, so thats very possible.

#35248 07/24/09 01:22 AM
Quote:
I'm sure many fans would buy a copy.
I would be the first in the queue...
laugh
Ladies first........ please smile

#35249 07/24/09 07:03 AM
OP Offline
No problem Maryann.
But I would be the second... wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.