Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#35040 11/07/08 03:27 PM
B
OP Offline
B
What are your views on the 'Ure' Ultravox being re-united then?

UK Tour in April 2009.....I'll be there!

#35041 11/07/08 03:54 PM
I think its great news.I'm hoping to go to Edinburgh & Brum.

Strange thing is I was into Urevox before I discovered Foxxvox but over the years I've come to like the FoxxVox albums more than the Urevox ones.

If it wasn't for Urevox I'd not be sitting here in a hotel room in Leeds waiting (we were waiting wink ) for John Foxx's Quiet man show.

I know its an Impossible Dream wink but it would be really nice once the Ultravox anthology is completed that they do a joint Foxxvox/Urevox tour.

Would be truly amazing.

Even if it is just a one off.I've never seen FoxxVox live,seen John & Louis a few times though.

Brian

#35042 11/07/08 04:04 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Burning Car:
UK Tour in April 2009.....I'll be there!
I looked at the ticket link but no info earlier,

I may go to the Edinburgh Playhouse, I am considering it, but I'd better not hang around too long, hmm, I wonder how much a ticket will cost? laugh

#35043 11/07/08 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Quote:
Originally posted by Burning Car:
[b]UK Tour in April 2009.....I'll be there!
I looked at the ticket link but no info earlier,

I may go to the Edinburgh Playhouse, I am considering it, but I'd better not hang around too long, hmm, I wonder how much a ticket will cost? laugh [/b]
You can bet that it will be £40-£50 or more.

#35044 11/07/08 07:30 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I'm a Foxx diehard, and I'll admit to otherwise only being familiar with the Vienna album (which I like very much) and being little more than a passing stranger to Rage in Eden.

Superb job on the re-masters, and while this re-union is excellent news (and of far more significance than most of the other recent 80s revivals - Yazoo anyone??) - I'll say this before anyone else does.

I wish them the very best, and its great news for all fans of the band, but, cringe... I'm afraid that otherwise "it means nothing to me..."

Sorry - someone had to say it :p

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#35045 11/07/08 07:50 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
You can bet that it will be £40-£50 or more.
Well if its like Simple Minds (sold out in Glasgow) impending outing at £35 a ticket, then with MidgeVox I may also well be:
"Dancing (at home) With Tears In My Eyes" laugh

#35046 11/08/08 12:09 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I'm a Foxx diehard, and I'll admit to otherwise only being familiar with the Vienna album (which I like very much) and being little more than a passing stranger to Rage in Eden.

Superb job on the re-masters, and while this re-union is excellent news (and of far more significance than most of the other recent 80s revivals - Yazoo anyone??) - I'll say this before anyone else does.

I wish them the very best, and its great news for all fans of the band, but, cringe... I'm afraid that otherwise "it means nothing to me..."

I feel the same way too, Martin. I'm off before Maryann sees this..... wink

#35047 11/08/08 01:50 AM
Im telling! :p wink

#35048 11/08/08 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
[b]I wish them the very best, and its great news for all fans of the band, but, cringe... I'm afraid that otherwise "it means nothing to me..."

I feel the same way too, Martin. I'm off before Maryann sees this..... wink [/b]
eek mad

#35049 11/08/08 02:02 AM
I think Foxxvox and Midgevox are both the best group(s) of the 20h century, at least to me. Theres a statement! eek So im just pleased that Billy, Chris, and Warren will be back onstage, just has John and Midge are often. Its almost irrelevant which Vox reformed, as long as most of the family's back from long ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.