Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
alec Offline OP
OP Offline
i stumbled online the other day upon an ethnomusicologist, professor and author, whose name is nazir jairazbhoy. i was reminded of the erroneously credited "jairazbhoy" in the 1992 re-release of ultravox's SOR. sorry if this has been thoroughly discussed but has anyone found out how that name became associated with tracks 3 and 5?

3 Someone Else's Clothes (4:28)
Written By - Foxx/Currie/Jairazbhoy
5 Some Of Them (2:32)
Written By - Foxx/Currie/Jairazbhoy

G
Gem Offline
G
John was asked about this once in an interview (maybe someone else can remember which one and provide a link). He was as mystified as everyone else, and obviously hadn't seen it until it was pointed out to him by the interviewer. I don't know anything more, Alec...sounds like the inclusion of that name was some sort of a joke on someone's part confused .

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Gem:
John was asked about this once in an interview (maybe someone else can remember which one and provide a link). He was as mystified as everyone else, and obviously hadn't seen it until it was pointed out to him by the interviewer. I don't know anything more, Alec...sounds like the inclusion of that name was some sort of a joke on someone's part confused .
The interviewer was me - and it was included in issue sixteen of Extreme Voice. For the record, John's reply was: "Yes, I'll have to investigate that, it's completely wrong, someone pointed it out to me. I don't know what it is because there was no-one of that name involved in any of that stuff (laughs) it's complete fiction and it's either a mistake or it's an attempt to insert someone's name to receive royalties or something (laughs), but I expect it's just some bizarre mistake."

Rob

G
Gem Offline
G
Cheers, Rob - knew I'd definitely seen it mentioned somewhere smile . Sorry for paraphrasing inaccurately; I forgot that John said he actually had spotted it before.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.