Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
We went to see Duran Duran at the Lyceum Theatre in London, Monday 3rd. An absolute fantastic show, really worth seeing. however, the highlight was definitely the second half. It opened with a short electro style set - imagine the looks of everyone when Simon Le Bon starts singing The Normal's 'Warm Leatherette'...

eek

And on that note, I'm back off down to Sunset Strip...

EG
x

Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
We went to see Duran Duran at the Lyceum Theatre in London, Monday 3rd. An absolute fantastic show, really worth seeing. however, the highlight was definitely the second half. It opened with a short electro style set - imagine the looks of everyone when Simon Le Bon starts singing The Normal's 'Warm Leatherette'...

eek

And on that note, I'm back off down to Sunset Strip...

EG
x

a duran vers of 'warm leatherette?!' who'd of thought? smile

it's hard to imagine.

I gather they did Showroom Dummies too

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
I gather they did Showroom Dummies too
Didn't they release a covers album about 10 years ago? Wasn't it voted one of the worst albums ever made? I remember seeing them live on the Wedding album tour; they did a cover of 'White Lines' with Grandmaster Flash.

Words cannot describe how bad it was. When they did a cover of the mighty Public Enemy's '911 Is A Joke' I think I pretty much disavowed any love I had for Duran there and then.

How can you release a brilliant album such as the Wedding album (which at the time, was easily their best album to date) and then follow it up with such god-awful cover versions?

I've not heard 'Warm Leatherette/Showroom Dummies' and based on past experience, I don't want to either!

And why's this topic in the Ultravox section?...

...oh god...Duran haven't covered 'Vienna' have they?

...I feel sick at the thought of that!

EVERYBODY! RUN! TAKE COVER! FILL YOUR EARS WITH CONCRETE! LE BON'S ABOUT TO GO FOR THE BIG ONE!

P
P
Wasn't "Warm leatherette" a Grace Jones song?

Grace Jones did do a cover version. The original is by The Normal - Daniel Miller of Mute Records fame.

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
And why's this topic in the Ultravox section?...

...oh god...Duran haven't covered 'Vienna' have they?

...I feel sick at the thought of that!

EVERYBODY! RUN! TAKE COVER! FILL YOUR EARS WITH CONCRETE! LE BON'S ABOUT TO GO FOR THE BIG ONE!
This means nothing to me, OH.......RIO RIO dance across the Rio Grande

yeah!

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.