Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#34690 12/14/07 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Come back Ultravox!, and Ultravox
please........

#34691 12/14/07 04:12 PM
Administrator
Administrator
While we will never get 'ultravox(!)' together again, it seems to me less difficult to imagine John and Louis performing somewhen with Billy C and maybe Robin SImon.

Got to be worth a dream...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#34692 12/14/07 04:38 PM
That would be a nice combination Martin

Peter

#34693 12/14/07 11:50 PM
M
M
That would be more than ideal,Martin. cool

#34694 12/15/07 07:17 AM
Yep, Martin's idea would be cool I reckon. I'm always wary of bands who re-unite. If they get back together and write new material, that's great but if they do it just to play all the stuff they did 20 years ago or whatever, then I always suspect it's just a money making exercise and a 'give them what they want' tour. I was never lucky enough to see Ultravox in the John Foxx era, although I did see them twice with wee Jimmy on vocals, but I wouldn't want to see them now re-hashing Young Savage and Hiroshima Mon Amour.

John and Louis do some great renditions of the Ultravox stuff, especially Slow Motion and The Man Who Dies Every Day, so a John / Louis / Billy / Robin line up would work well, especially if they put their heads together and wrote some new material. But, as Harry Hill might say, what are the chances of that happening?

ΤΏΤ

P.S. Maybe somebody should start a Bands Reunited website!

#34695 12/20/07 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Thats true. Everyone concerned said it would never happen, no more so than The Police themselves.
And according to Billboard magazine The Police grossed upwards of $212 million on that reunion tour. Coming in second was Phil Collins/Genesis Turn It On Again tour grossing $129 million. eek

#34696 12/21/07 08:27 AM
Exactly my point, Maryann, these 'comeback' tours are generally done purely for the purpose of making money and those statistics you quoted illustrate that perfectly.

ΤΏΤ

#34697 12/28/07 12:31 AM
I don't know how much money The Doors made last year but the thought of them performing without Morrison is unbelievable. It's really not the same as say Led Zep performing with Bonham's son on drums now is it?

#34698 12/28/07 07:06 AM
Good point. At least Ultravox could re-form with the original members. I was lucky enough to see Led Zeppelin before John Bonham died and I don't think they could ever be the same again, even with his son on drums. I saw The Skids one off reunion at the Stuart Adamson memorial gig and whilst his son, Calum, does bear a striking resemblance to Stuart, it just wasn't the same with him on guitar as the three times I saw them when Stuart was alive.

I think another reason an Ultravox reunited would be a bad thing is that musicians evolve, move on to new ideas. The only possible reason they might want to get back together would be for the benefit of people like me and many others on this site who never saw them live, and to make money. Let's just be grateful they're at least still making music, if not together as a band.

ΤΏΤ

#34699 12/28/07 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harmonia Mundi:
I was lucky enough to see Led Zeppelin before John Bonham died
Lucky indeed ! I will have to make do with the reconstituted version if they decide to tour here. I read they sold out the London gig in seconds.

As for Ultravox: PLEASE REUNITE....even if it is for just one record...
please..
I don't really want to be all shouty, not to Ultravox mad wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.